Friday, August 03, 2007

Yellowstone National Park

We have had five days so far in Yellowstone Natl. Park and have seen so much but yet so little. I would love to say that by the time we leave here next Tuesday, we will have seen it all, but that just won't be so. There are so many different geysers, hot springs, pools, streams, rivers, lakes, waterfalls and wildlife, that one just can't see it all, even in a week. But trust me, we are giving it a good try.

It has been great renewing old friendships with Garry and Jenny and making new friends with Ken and Sandy. We have shared some good food and good times with them and will hate leaving them behind when we leave. Not to worry though, we will meet up somewhere again.

I'm not going to write a lot about what we've done here in Yellowstone as in case the pictures will tell the story better than me. I will say that this certainly has been one of the highlights of our travels.

We have been so blessed to be able to travel like we are, and be witness to so much of God's creation. Of course, some places we have like better than others, but everywhere we have been has had it own beauty, even those areas that I thought were stark, barren and brown. The sights we have seen so far, most people will never get to see in person, so I want to thank God for giving us the opportunity.

I hope that you have been enjoying the pictures I've posted on Yellowstone National Park and all the others. I know that some have been better than others, but I'm still learning the in's and out's of my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TC3. It has been fun experimenting with all it's features.

Tomorrow we are going to drive to the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole, WY. We are also going to visit with Jim and Sherry Reed while there - they are camped at one of the Teton Natl Park campgrounds. We haven't seen them since Feb. at Casa Grande, AZ.

I'll be posting more pictures today from our drive to Gardiner, MT yesterday. They will be at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/SchultzTravelPhotos

More later,

2 Comments:

At 3/8/07 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are all so lucky to be able to travel and see what we do. glad you are enjoying yellowstone.
ava

 
At 6/8/07 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the bird on dean's head.
ava

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home