Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Well, Christmas is past, the goose is all gone, the presents opened, appreciated and put away in their place. All the trimmings are stored and I'm looking forward to being able to eat next year on all the gift cards for restaurants we received.

We spent Christmas in Montgomery with my two kids - David and Suze. My Dad also came to Montgomery for a couple of day over Christmas. It was nice being with family.

My Dad with his new towels....



Harris with his new digital camera....



Morgan with her new portable DVD player.....



My niece and her hubby - Shannon and Brad.....




Since leaving Montgomery on Dec. 27, we stopped at Dean's daughters - Krystal & Ed, for two nights. The live in Ticfaw, LA just north of Hammond. Had a really great time visiting with them. Dean's ex-wife and her husband, Sandy and Dick were there also, and yes we actually all get along just fine. We need to make more effort to visit them (Krystal and Ed) more. Bad me, I forgot my camera for pictures - darn!!!

From there we moved on west to New Iberia, LA to visit with Dean's son - Tim and his wife Cheryl. She had a pot of the absolutely best chili on the stove waiting for us. How very thoughtful of her. Yesterday, Sandy and Dick drove over for the day and we had another good meal and a great time visiting. I had asked Tim (my computer wiz son) to re-do my wi-fi so that I could share it with friends at my discression. Well, the router that I had (a Belkin) wasn't very cooperative when he attempted to change it, so he and Dean went to Wal-Mart and bought a Linksys. Took him about all of 5 min. to get it installed and working the way I wanted. Thanks Tim! I'm sure down the road, some of my friends will thank you also.

We are going to Cheryl's daughters house this evening for a family get-together and fire works. I'm sure it will be a great time and that there will be a lot of good Cajun food for all to enjoy.

Tomorrow - New Year's Day - we will be starting the New Year right - on the road! Finally we slowly begin our trek West.

I should be back to posting more regularly, especially after we get in West Texas area, so check back often and let me know that you stopped by in the comment section.

Have a Very Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

At 31/12/06 10:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too and have safe and happy travels in 2007. I love and miss you both.

Patti

 
At 1/1/07 8:46 PM , Blogger Dale said...

Janice and Dean,

Happy New Year! We are in Del Rio, Texas, heading up toward Deming in a couple days.

Dale

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home