Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Amana Colonies

Just a couple of lines about the Amana Colonies.

First - their history is very interesting. I'm not going to write it here, but if you are interested in knowing about the Colonies you can visit their website at www.amanacolonies.org

Second - the food is great, as long as you enjoy German food. We have had lunch, dinner and this morning, breakfast, at three different restaurants and they were all good meals.

Third - the shopping is OK if you are looking for "stuff" which we try to avoid. We did go to the Smokehouse for some "brats" and a few other things. The biggest problem is storage space. I would love to have stocked up on their bacon, ham etc., but just no room.

Forth - the campground is adequate. We have a full hookup site and it's fine. Right now the campground is almost empty - maybe at most 30 rigs in at the present time. I'm sure it will fill up more over Labor Day, but then, we'll be gone.

I guess you can tell by my writings on the Amana Colonies that I didn't get really excited about being here. Maybe I'm tired and am ready for a non-sightseeing stop. If that is the case, then next week will be great. We will be in Elkhart, IN at the Elkhart Campground with friends from the Escapee's RV Club. Should be a great time of sharing stories of our travels, food and just plain ole fun.

I did take a few pictures of Amana and they are posted at http://picasaweb.google.com/SchultzTravelPhotos

Till next time - Have a Great and Safe Labor Day Weekend.

AVA - have fun starting out on your next adventure!

1 Comments:

At 31/8/07 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did sound tired. I was wondering how much energy you both have sightseeing everyday. I get tired just reading everything you do. Relax and enjoy the holiday weekend.
We are packing and getting ready to leave Sept 9th. Can't wait.
Ava

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home