Friday, July 11, 2008

Vietnam Memorial at Angle Fire, NM

After a really bad nights sleep, I was awoke by my phone at 9 a.m. - it was Brenda asking me what time the Farmers Market in Eagle Nest started. I wasn't sure so she was going to make a call to the campground where it was held. She called me back and said it started at noon - I had remarked that I wanted to be sure and go check out the produce. Since I had plenty of time, I decided this morning was cleaning day. Ugh, what a job, but someone has to do it.

At noon we went to the Farmers Market and found no produce! We were told that they should show up soon. Well, we waited about 40 minutes and gave up. We decided that we would drive to the Vietnam Memorial.

How interesting this place is. It was constructed by the family of Dr. Victor Westphall who son was killed in Vietnam in a 1968 enemy ambush. This was the first Vietnam memorial built in the U.S. If you visit, be sure to watch the film. Even though it is long, it is very interesting and touching. It covers by year, the Vietnam War.

After our tour, we drove on into Angle Fire to pick up a few groceries and encountered rain. That took care of photo ops there on this trip. I did get some at the Memorial so check them out at: http://picasaweb.google.com/SchultzTravelPhotos

1 Comments:

At 14/7/08 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,

I'm so glad that you found the Memorial... We came across it about five years ago and were really impressed. We were on our way to my Son's wedding in Santa Fe. What a beautiful area. We also loved Taos..

Enjoy,
Helen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home