Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sitting And Waiting...

So, here we sit at Yogi Bear Jellystone Campground in Nashville.

We've been to Nashville many times and have done the "tourist" stuff and even if we hadn't, the heat would probably keep us from doing very much.

We had a surprise call from Terry & Dale Thursday afternoon. They are rv'ing friends that we haven't seen in over a year. They had left Red Bay, AL after getting some repairs done to their Phaeton and where passing through Nashville. Their plan was to stop just inside Kentucky for the night and they wanted to know if we wanted to meet them for dinner about 20 miles up I-65 at Cracker Barrel. The timing was perfect as Dean and I were just getting ready to go out the door to find someplace to eat! I said we would be happy to meet them and set a time.

We met at 6 pm after we drove the 20 miles as did they coming back down from Kentucky. The food was good but the company was better! It was so nice to have smiling faces across the table from us, funny how God provides what you really NEED and believe me, Dean and I both needed this time with friends. Close to 8 pm we said our farewell's and each went our separate way home. I must say that I felt more relaxed than I had in 24 hours - thanks guys! Hopefully we will get to Elkhart before you leave there.

I wanted to take a dry run back to Cummins in the Jeep since we were going back on different roads and did that yesterday. We stopped in just to make sure they were ready for us on Monday morning. We talked with the shop supervisor a bit more about exactly what had happened - runs good when the engine is cold (for awhile), blows black smoke when accelerating, and doesn't get up hills very well (15 - 25 mph). They said they would be ready for us.

I also asked about a good place to eat nearby, not a chain restaurant. The supervisor gave me the directions to the Ole Dinner Bell. We were not disappointed, it was home cookin' at it's best. I think we will probably go back again while we are in the motel.

I also called LaQuinta and no problem on a room at a sorta reasonable rate - about the same as the campground. Found a boarding place for Tipsy close by and recommended. We could take him to the motel but have opted to board him. Easier on us and him.

So, here we are sitting and waiting........

I'll post again when we know more about the bus.

Safe Travels..

1 Comments:

At 26/6/10 6:45 PM , Blogger Dale said...

Janice and Dean,

We certainly enjoyed the dinner and conversation with you two. It was so good to see you both after what seems like an eternity. Things will be better in a few days and you will have that bus back on the road. Take care and travel safe.

Dale

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home