Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Montgomery, AL

I believe I left you when were were in Gulfport, MS. Well, we have moved on. Our first stop was in Mobile, AL at Freightliner for a oil change etc. We then moved on to Pensacola, FL to Carpenters (again). OK, so I got my new microwave/convection installed but still no jacks. It seems that HWH is behind in production, so we are still waiting for rear jacks! We stayed overnight and the next morning when I went to bring in the door awning I hit the big awning button by mistake. Good thing, it seems the sensor went bad and the awning would not go out! I'm beginning to think something that Dean used to say applies to motorhomes. He would say that a boat is a hole in the water in which you pour your money. Well, maybe a motorhome is a spot on the road in which you do the same! Always something. OK, so sensor is on order and we drove to Montgomery, AL for a couple of weeks.

We haven't been here since last Fall so we were due a visit. It has also given us time to get stuff out of the motorhome that we want to put in storage. You know, if you haven't used it in a year....except we're not getting rid of it, just storing it.

We also were here for our granddaughter Morgan's 13th birthday. It was so nice celebrating it with her. I took her shopping a few days before her birthday at one of her favorite stores, Aeropostle (I think that is how it is spelled). After shopping we went to lunch and out to visit her Dad (he was working). A very enjoyable afternoon with Morgan. I don't get to do that often enough.

We made arrangements today to have four new tires put on the back of the bus. We had two new ones put on the front last year and the back ones are due. Look out pocketbook! Ouch. We will have them installed the day we leave to go back to Carpenters, yes, our jacks and sensor are in!

David cooked one of my favorite meals on his new grill for Mothers Day. A eye round roast done on the spit. It was yummy. Since that was also Morgans birthday we had her favorites, mac-n-cheese and lima beans. Of course there were birthday cupcakes along with a pretty heart shape cake for me. Sorry but I have no pictures, forgot my camera. It was in the car but it was parked at Suze's.

We have a week left before we leave and I'm not sure what we will be doing. I'm sure meeting Suze for lunch will happen and spending time with David and Morgan this weekend is for sure. Other than that we have no plans.

Guess I'll close now. I'll be back after we have our four new tires installed, our new awning sensor installed, our new jacks installed and a new slide tray for a bay in the basement installed, when we get back to Carpenters. I'm not sure where we will be parking for a week till Memorial Day Weekend. We have reservations at Bella Terra in Foley, AL for that weekend. Looking forward to staying a this beautiful motorcoach resort.

I'll be back soon. Till then, stay safe.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home