Tuesday, March 28, 2006

South Padre Island


Yesterday we rode with Mickey & Patti to South Padre Island. To me it was very much like being in Gulf Shores, AL. Lots and lots of condo's, gift shops and restaurants. There is a nice county campground on the south end of the island that if we come back to this area in the future, we will most likely consider staying at.

Also on the south end of the island is a statue of Jesus with his arms stretched out wide. This is to honor those sailed out through the pass and didn't return. At the base of the statue, there are plaques with the names, dates and name of the ship (fishing boat) that the person was on. Very thought provoking

Even though my picture didn't turn out as good as I would have wished, I'm posting it here. As you can see on the picture, it was a cloudy day - again!

2 Comments:

At 30/3/06 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you climb up to the top of the lighthouse on the Island?? We went there with some friends of ours several years ago and Nellie and I climbed up to the top which wasn't too bad, it was the coming down that got to both of us. Of course Charlie and Bill sat on benches at the bottom and waited for one of us to pass out... but we fooled them!!

 
At 31/3/06 6:32 AM , Blogger Janice and Dean said...

Haven't climbed the stairs yet. Have been thinking about it, but it's been so darn windy I'm afraid I'd get blown off the top. It is on my to do list.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home