Thursday, April 06, 2006

Wind, wind and more wind!

I'm sitting inside the 5'er today, very hesitant to go outside. The wind has been blowing pretty steady since early this morning at about 25 - 30 mph and now we are having gusts up around 40 mph+. I sometimes think that we will literally fly away, it blows so hard.

It's been a quiet week. Patti and I went shopping in Brownsville on Tuesday. Both of us purchased a folding laundry basket. Guess we will get to try them out the beginning of next week. The nice thing about them is that they fold flat so don't take up much storage room. Always looking for the items that take up less room. This makes Dean happy!

Yesterday the four of us went to Dirty Al's for their fried shrimp (Dean had fish) dinner. I had been told that they had "the best fried shrimp around". Well, they were a good size shrimp and tasted OK while eating them. Later, I wasn't feeling so great and Patti and Mickey said that it wasn't sitting well with them either. We think that they were fried in old oil, as that was the taste that we kept getting. Dean said that his fish was just OK. He didn't seem to be effected but then he has a cast iron stomach!

In the afternoon, Patti and I went to a local souvenir shop to just look. Lots and lots of stuff - some neat, some not so neat. T-shirts - well they had about 4 isles dedicated to them. Guess they are ready for the summer tourists. There also was a lot of Red Hat items and it made me think of all my Red Hat Sisters back in Alabama - hi all!

After our "looking" spree, we took of in search of as many porpoise as we could find to photograph. I haven't counted how many we did see, I know we didn't find all 21 of them. Let me explain - Port Isabel Chamber of Commerce sponsored a Porpoise Pachanga. There are 21 porpoise statues that have been painted by local artist located throughout Port Isabel. I'm putting a couple of pictures of the ones that I considered to be more artful.

And the last picture is of my best friend - Frosty. He is Mickey & Patti's Maltese (I hope I spelled it right) and such a sweet boy.



I think we are going to Mexico on Friday if the wind slows down. Come back soon, ya hear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home