Saturday, September 08, 2007

RV Museum - Again!

It has been brought to my attention that I failed to mention our visit to the RV Museum in the previous post. Upon reading it again myself, I see that I did. I guess that I was so impressed - lol.

The museum has recently moved into a new building just off of I-80/90 in Elkhart. The building itself is beautiful and there is a lot of room for expansion.

Upon entering you are in a large lobby area. Off the lobby is the museum, a vendor exhibit area and a area where there are a few new RV's - a pop-up, a trailer, a fifth-wheel and a class A.

The museum was interesting as there were many old model rv's, some of which I remember from my earlier days, like the GMC motorhome.

The vendor exhibit area was certainly lacking - very few vendors.

There is a second floor where we were told there is a library, but it was closed, so we don't know what they had in there.

There is more being built and I'm not sure what they will use it for. I think there will be a small conference center and some exhibit area. The idea of a RV museum is a good one, but in my opinion, there is a long way to go here to make it worth the entrance fee.

Sorry that I failed to mention our visit there in the past post. I'll try to be more careful in the future - I think I was just tired when I wrote that one. At least I did remember to post the pictures.

Later.....

1 Comments:

At 11/9/07 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janice
We are on the road again. Our first night it rained hard and when we drove off in the rv, it stalled twice while driving. Ok, I'm scared to death already. Joel said the wires are just wet but that didn't make me feel better. Then it was raining so hard while driving the vision on the road was awful. I'm glad we are settled in now and I'm relaxing on the computer. Happy trails
ava

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home