Thursday, September 04, 2008

Catching Up - Again!

Yesterday we drove from Woodland Park to Canon City (pronounced Canyon) and got settled in at Royal View Campground. We can see the Royal Gorge Bridge from here and I'll get some pictures today. One drawback of this campground which is located about 10 miles west of the city, is no cell service on Verizon - where are my people - you know the commercial. I guess I lost them back in the mountains somewhere!


We made another trip to Cripple Creek last week and visited the Heritage Museum which was very interesting. Told a lot of the history about the mining in that area.

This past Sunday, Diamond Campground celebrated Labor Day with a free picnic for their guests. We had smoked brisket, pulled pork, potato salad, fruit, and cake. It was delicious and who ever the cooks were, they did a great job. We also had entertainment - a couple of singers and the New, Not So Newly Wed Game. Our friends, Jack and Danielle where contestants and came in third - good job, at least you weren't last - LOL!

Jack and Danielle were the first full time rv'ing couple we met and introduced us to a great lifestyle. Their family member Poppy (their pet) is one of my favorite doggy friends. It was great seeing them again even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time with them. They work at Diamond Campground as workcampers, so between them working and us sightseeing we would wave at each other or chat for a few minutes every now and then. We will probably see them again in Summerdale this winter at Rainbow Plantation.

John, another workcamper that we were parked beside, sent me a picture of the bear that was in the campground a couple of mornings ago. Of course I missed it. Thanks John! Here is the picture - the dumpster was just across the road from the front of the bus and I always open the front curtains when I get up, but for some reason that morning I didn't, otherwise I would have seen it! Story of my life, day late and dollar short!

2 Comments:

At 4/9/08 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No snow yet?! I'm glad you liked Breckenridge. It is one of our favorite places also. On the east side of Dillon Reservoir is the town of Dillon and there is a condo there right on the shore of the lake that we frequent. Beautiful place! And Leadville - Love it!! We have spent a lot of fun times with the people of Leadville. They are a partying crowd up there and they can always drink everyone else under the table because they are used to the thin air:-) (That was in our former life) You have great photos and they make me so homesick for the mountains. Only 6 more days to go:-)

JanC

 
At 5/9/08 8:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

No snow yet and I hope it stays away! Colorado is a beautiful state, your right. See you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home