Saturday, November 15, 2008

We're Still in S. Alabama

Thought I'd post a note just to let everyone know that we are still in S. Alabama.

We start the round of doctors Monday - what fun that will be. I know that I'm in for a lecture (well deserved) from my doctor because of gaining weight and not watching my sugar closer. I started on Nov 1st to watch my carbs again - meat and cheese diet for me : ( Of course I can have salad, but have to watch the dressing and that's the best part - LOL.

We haven't been doing much this past week. Just meeting the folks that are parked near us, going to a pot luck on Thursday and doing the 4 pm social a few evenings. The weather has taken a turn to cold so I don't think we'll be doing the socials this week since they are held outside.

It was really great to be back at Marlow UMC last week. Funny how you don't realize how much you miss a "home church". We visited many churches this year and always felt welcome but I guess the saying "there's no place like home" it true. This is a small country church where even the pastor wears bluejeans! We love it! Of course he does have on a shirt and tie and sport coat along with the jeans.

There are a lot of snowbirds at Rainbow Plantation even though it's not full yet. I suspect that December and January will see it getting pretty full - especially since the price of fuel is down.

We've been to our favorite fried chicken restaurant - hey it's meat - and are going to our favorite chinese restaurant today. Next weekend Suze is coming down so I suspect that her and I will go to LuLu's for crab claws (another favorite). Saturday night we are going to the Coastal Choral Christmas program. We went several years ago and it was fantastic, just not singing but a little drama and comedy thrown in.

Well, just want everyone to know that we are still kicking and praying that we can get the go ahead from the doctors to leave after the first of the year for S. Texas.

I'll be back with more news later - good I hope! Till then, travel safe......

2 Comments:

At 15/11/08 3:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

glad you are all well. good luck with the doctors. nice weather isn't that far away.

 
At 17/11/08 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm envious that you're in one of our favorite SKP parks. We're still with Dad...but that's ok. The Lord has a plan.

We enjoyed a great restaurant in Pensacola when we were there. I will look it up and send the name along in an email.

Take care of yourselves and do everything the "docs" tell you.

Happy Trails!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home