Monday, May 11, 2009

Just Another Week Gone By

ADDED ON MAY 11th - One thing that I forgot to tell you about when I posted this blog is that our friends, Emily & Jim are taking a month trip to Greece. Emily is the travel agent that I sold my agency to when we decided to go full time. Anyway, she is going to keep a blog on their travels along with pictures so if you are interested in that area of the world, here is her blog address - http://travelwithemjim.blogspot.com Save it to your favorites and follow along with them on their journey to Greece!

There isn't much to report from here. Yesterday was a quiet day - church in the morning and phone calls from all the kids wishing me a Happy Mothers Day. It was a good day to catch up on the laundry. Dean did most of it for me since it was Mothers Day, how sweet of him!

This past week was spent doing doctor appointments, making an appointment for the motorhome at Carpenters to have a few things done along with the genny oil changed, visiting my sister and niece and doing some shopping.

We have noticed in our drives around the county that the pecan trees are full of leaves now, the sod fields are very green, the first crop of hay has been bailed and the corn is about waist high. To bad it won't be ready before we leave here as the Silver King or Silver Queen corn that is grown here is some of the best corn on the cob you can sink your teeth into. Every time I look at a corn field I can visualize some hot corn on the cob, salted, peppered and dripping in butter - yummmy good eating! Hopefully we will find a good substitute when we get to PA in June.

This week won't be very exciting. We will be doing a follow-up appointment with the doctor for Dean, getting him to his favorite barbershop in Summerdale, making final disposition on my fathers estate, making one last visit to the outlet stores in Foley, and getting ready to move to Montgomery one week from today.

We did have a surprise visit on Saturday from my cousin Tim and his wife Neanie along with one of their grandbabies. It had been quite a long time since I've seen them and they both look good. I say that because they both had gastric bypass surgery done and have lost a lot of weight. It was fun catching up on their lives and hearing about their kids and grandkids.

I can tell that it is time to be heading north since the daytime temperatures are beginning to get into the high 80's low 90's and night time is only into the 70's. Sure hope it will be cooler in PA when we get there the beginning of June.

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully soon I will have something more exciting to talk about. Till next time............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home