Thursday, May 07, 2009

Update

Maybe you've heard the news about the flooding in Montgomery, AL today. I don't know how much coverage it is getting on national news. I figured I would come post that we are not in Montgomery yet. We are in Baldwin County in Fairhope. All the rain has stayed north of us and from what I'm hearing, most of it dumped today in Montgomery. I've talked to both of my kids that live there and they are fine and have no flood damage. Unfortunately, others in town have not faired so well. The local TV station WSFA has thousands of pictures of the flood posted on their web site, sent in from people in the area.

We are due to head to Montgomery the 18th of this month. Now I'm wondering how the campground that we use is. I know in a normal rain, it puddles, but this was no ordinary rain! I think I'll call them tomorrow.

I will pass along some good news that Dean and I got yesterday from the Neurologist. He does NOT have Parkinsons. He was diagnosed with tremors. He offered some meds, but said that they are a double edge sword type of drug meaning that the side effects may outweigh the good. He left it up to Dean if he wanted them or not - he said no. The doctor concurred, stating that as long as the tremors do not pose any "danger" to himself or others.

We are enjoying our time in Baldwin County but will be glad to head north to hopefully cooler weather the beginning of June. Maybe at least a little less humidity. Last week our friends Byron and Linda Landry did a overnight at Rainbow Plantation. We got together with them in the afternoon and went to Fish River Cafe for a great meal that included "Swamp Soup". It was really great seeing them again. They are going to New England and Nova Scotia this year and as much as I would have loved to go with them, our plans are made for the summer, so we bid our farewells with promises of getting together again soon. Hopefully in the fall to talk about our summer.

Well, I was going to keep this short so I'll close with the prayer that all who suffered loss in Montgomery will come out better than before the flood happened! Till next time.....

3 Comments:

At 8/5/09 5:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are safe and sound - away from the floods. Also happy to hear Dean's diagnosis. Hope he is feeling better too.

We are finally home. Been mowing and catching up on things.

Keep in touch.

JanC

 
At 8/5/09 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Dean just has tremers.   I know it's not fun but I do know several people that have lived with it for years and for that you can be thankful.   That must be a real load off both your minds.Hugs,Helen

 
At 8/5/09 4:27 PM , Blogger Janice and Dean said...

Jan & Helen, thanks for the kind thoughts. It is a load off our minds, but now I need answers to why he does some of the things he does - maybe the dementia. Will have to research that now! He is still having problems with the teeth but hopefully that will be resolved in just over a week when he sees the dentist again.

Thanks again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home