Monday, April 20, 2009

Fountainbleu State Park, LA

Yesterday we moved from New Iberia, LA to Port Allen to visit with our son Terry (Dean's oldest son) and his wife Teresa. I had called the only campground in the area and they had no site big enough for us, so we did our first night of boondocking at a Wal-Mart.

The visit with T & T went fine. We enjoyed a lunch on Mexican fare then went to their home and sat on the front porch for hours just talking. It's been a long while since we had been with them and there was much catching up to do. Terry drove us back home around 8pm. It was a very enjoyable visit and I hope it's not so long till the next one. Again, I forgot my camera, so no new pictures : (

Our night at Wal-Mart was fine. This lot was big and level and they had us park by a fence so we were able to put our bedroom slide and one living room slide out without being in any one's way. By 10 pm we had two Wal-Mart trucks join us.

This morning we headed east on I-10 (making it through Baton Rouge without any problems) and arrived at the state park around 11 am. After setting up we went to the Country Kitchen in Mandeville for lunch. Dean had one of his favorites, Red Beans and Rice and I had a Cheeseburger Po-Boy. My one mistake was not ordering a half! My eyes popped out of my head when the waitress sat my Po-Boy in front of me. I wasn't sure that I could eat it, I felt like I was at one of those restaurants where if you can eat the whole thing it's free. Well, it wasn't quite that bad but it was BIG! I wish I would have had my camera with me so I could share it with ya'll. Anyway, yep, I finished almost all of it. The waitress was to funny, she kept walking by and saying "you'll make it", "it's our best seller", and the best was "did you want fries with that". Oh, my tummy is now very full.

While parked here we will be visiting my Aunt, some cousins and our granddaughter and her two little girls. I will remember my camera!

Next Friday we move to the Mississippi coast for a few days so come on back and see what's new.

2 Comments:

At 21/4/09 9:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a yummy meal. don't forget the camera

 
At 22/4/09 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally found your blog link again. I had lost it for the past few weeks. Yikes! We are going to Corinth, MS tomorrow and then leaving to head toward Nappanee for our appointment at Newmar. I don't think we'll be rushing since the weather is still pretty changeable day to day.

Your Po Boy sounds wonderful....I sure would like to be spending more time here in Tennessee and Mississippi. We are trying to decide if we'll go to Fort Donalson in Dover, TN or backtrack to the Natchez Trace through Nashville...hmmm, so many choices when you live the RV lifestyle.

Safe travels!

Susan (Happy Trails)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home