Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A Cold But Beautiful Day

Yesterday was a beautiful day with clear blue skies but the temperatures stayed in the 50's with a cool northerly wind all day long.

We took a drive to Broken Bow to pick up a few supplies. Their Wal-Mart is a old one, not a supercenter but had just about everything we wanted. We then had lunch at a mom & pop restaurant in town. The meal was good but the dessert was delicious. I had homemade coconut cream pie and Dean had the lemon. Yumm, it was sooo good.

I took a walk around the campground in the afternoon and got some pictures of our campsite and some of the rest of the gang. I was talking to Jo Ella and looked out her window and saw deer heading our direction so went out to get pictures. These deer are small in stature and not at all shy. I was surprised just how close I could get to them. They started walking toward our motorhome so I followed. I got Dean to come out to see them and they came within about 20 feet of us. They are so cute!

Later in the evening I gave Jo Ella and Jan a demo on the Wii. Then they bowled a game. Now Jo Ella wants a Wii - no surprise! Then Gary came over to check out the fishing game (he's quite the fisherman) and also checked out the golfing. I think he's sold as well.

Wes got a bonfire going and we sat around it for a little while roasting hot dogs and marshmallow's. Another day of good times with friends! Ahh, gotta love this retired lifestyle.

Oh yea, I've posted some pictures at picasa. Now go check them out! ;-)

1 Comments:

At 7/4/09 8:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your pictures. Glad your camera is taking pictures again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home