Friday, February 12, 2010

The Missile Launched!

Yesterday morning we went back to the seawall to watch the re-scheduled missile launch. Today was a go. It was neat! Nothing like the shuttle but still impressive. Pictures at Picasa.

We also went back to Ron Jon Surf Shop and did some shopping including a cute purse for me. I've been looking for something a little different and found one I liked - just hope I can get used to no pockets on the outside.

Pizza Hut was our lunch spot for the day. The clerk in Ron Jon's had sent us to a place called Little Venice for as he said "good homemade pizza". Well we got there and they were closed. Pizza Hut was just around the corner so they won out. They had a special going on - any pizza, medium or large for $10.00. Well we got the meat special and it was good. Dean finished it up for lunch today.

Our next stop was the local Publix Supermarket for chili fixins. That was dinner today and it was soooo good. A perfect dish for a cool rainy day.

We drove back to the seawall in time to watch the Carnival Sensation and the Disney Wonder set sail. Those lucky people - heading into warmer weather! Oh how I wish I had been on one of those ships, I love cruising and haven't done one since our Alaska cruise in 2007. Maybe it's about time to start planning? I've posted some pictures at Picasa.

So there you have it - our Thursday. Today we did nothing. The weather was icky - cool and rainy almost all day. I did manage to get a picture of Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas this morning before it got bad. Now that's the ship I would like to be going out on. Royal Caribbean is my favorite cruise line!

Tomorrow we are moving back to Silver Springs until the 2nd of March. Will be visiting with Helen & Bill more along with Henry & Anne until they leave for Alabama. I'm sure we will be seeing Sandy & Ken again as well. I do want to get back to New Smyrna Beach and explore the little town. Lots of little shops to browse through.

What will be we doing in the weeks ahead? I don't know at this time but hopefully we will get to go to Silver Springs this time. Check back and see.... Safe Travels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home