Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mount Dora, FL

Since arriving at the 1000 Trails park a week ago, we really haven't done much to write about. There have been a few mornings where we took off for breakfast - always fun and usually good food. There have been several trips to Wal-Mart, Winn Dixie and Publix. A couple of days ago, Dean and I took off to Target. What we found was my first true Target Superstore in Clermont. It's as big as any Wal-Mart I've been in. I found some new sheets, Dean got a new shirt (green - his favorite color) and we picked up a few other items.

This past Saturday we met up with Kim, a friend that I used to work with at Keesler AFB and her new hubby Tony. We had a very good time catching up with each others lives. It had been four years since we had seen each other. You just can't catch up with everything in 3 hours but we sure gave it a try!

Yesterday Dean and I took off in search of Mount Dora. Kim and Tony ride Harley's and said it was a must see. We finally got there, no thanks to our GPS. A cute little town on a lake (what town in this part of Florida isn't on a lake?). I would guess about three blocks square of small speciality stores. Dean and I had lunch at the Frosty Mug and it was very good - he had soup and I had a egg salad sandwich. We then walked a couple of the streets and looked in several of the shops. I'm proud of myself, I didn't buy a thing! We were going to Henry and Anne's for dinner so cut our time there to head back to Clermont. Again, our wonderful GPS got us home - the long way and on a toll road! Oh well, we made it. Dinner was really good - thanks Anne!

Today has been a very rainy day with strong thunderstorm and tornado watches. Fortunately all we have had so far is a lot of rain. Eight of us went out to dinner tonight at a brand new Golden Corral - today was their grand opening. It was very good and the restaurant was really pretty and laid out different from most I've been in. We are now back home and in for the night, watching lightening flashing in the sky.

I'm posting a few pictures of Mt. Dora at Picasa. Hope you enjoy them. See you next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home