Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Lazy Days

We have been kinda lazy the past several days.

Last Saturday I cooked dinner for the Ivey's and us. BBQ hot dogs, hash brown casserole and baked beans. I even put out some Wickles (wickedly hot sweet pickles) for Mickey which he enjoyed. For dessert I had strawberry short cake, well, actually pound cake. Later that evening Dean and I taught Patti and Mickey how to play Polish Poker. I'll let you all guess who the winner was - LOL.

Sunday Dean and I went to church then the four of us went to Brownsville for dinner. Went to Texas Roadhouse and shared a wonderful onion blossom then had steaks and ribs - ummm, very good! Afterward we went to the Border Flea Market. It was like being back in Mexico without crossing the border, certainly not like the flea markets back home. Actually it was more like a yard sale inside with the exception of a few booths.

Monday was a quiet day. I went to Curves in the early morning and then Patti and I did laundry - again! It sure has a way of piling up.

Yesterday Dean and I took off for Brownsville in search of some wood folding chairs. I saw what I wanted on the internet at Linen n Things and there is a store in Brownsville. They had them at a good price and even better, they were on sale, buy one get one at half price. We also found a Target and a Michael's on this trip. We spent most all afternoon shopping - what fun. I can't believe I actually got Dean to walk the entire Mall and it's a big one. We got back home about 6 pm to Mickey looking at his watch and asking "Where have you been". Made me feel like I was a teenager getting home late from a date - LOL!!! It's nice though, knowing that you have friends concerned about you.

I'm not sure what's happening today. Patti and I were talking about doing the dolphin watch if the wind isn't blowing too hard. Check back later to see if we did.

Meanwhile enjoy pictures of more porpoises......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home