Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tombstone & Boothill

When Jack, Nancy, Dean and I decided to go to Tombstone, AZ we were not sure what to expect. Well, they say to expect the unexpected and that's what we got. We had planned on several other stops and ended up staying the whole day in Tombstone with a short side trip to Boothill. They say pictures are worth a 1000 words so here come the pictures with few words....

Main St. Tombstone - we actually rode the stagecoach - kinda rough!



Another shot of Main St.



Dean and Jake outside Sonora Sam's store...



This one is for you Suze - LOL!



Dean got laid and both of us in "costume"?



The four of us at Big Nose Kates Saloon...



Got him where I want him!



The real thing....



Boothill - not impressed - it was to commercial!



Two of only a few tombstones....Most all were marked with small cross's with their name and date of death. Very disappointing...

3 Comments:

At 13/1/07 9:29 PM , Blogger Emily said...

I am so jealous. Arizona is one of my favorite places to visit. I was there in 1989/1990 (over New Year's) and then again in 2002. I love it there and this is a great time of year to visit (at least if you live in PA).

Two of my favorite places are Sedona. Oh is it so beautiful there! I enjoyed that more than the Grand Canyon. And the second was our visit to Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse in Scottsdale (http://www.pinnaclepeakpatio.com). I was there in 89/90, so I was only 14?-years-old. (Just in case you go and don't like it.)

I hope you enjoy Arizona. I wish I were there with you. I probably won't get there again until the kids are older - who knows when!!!

 
At 15/1/07 8:03 AM , Blogger Janice and Dean said...

Hey Girl,

We are now in Yuma but will be heading back toward Casa Grande next month. Have family friends in Scottsdale so may have to try out the Steakhouse!

Take care of your self and the little "bun in the basket"!

 
At 15/1/07 5:42 PM , Blogger Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

its cold here but colder there. glad we decided to stay and play longer.

stay warm and leave the bread crumbs.

shirley says hi.

R

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home