Monday, December 01, 2008

December 1st - Time to Catch Up

I've heard from several readers that they were concerned something was wrong since I hadn't updated in awhile. Rest easy - all is well.

Dean and I have been busy the last couple of weeks getting from one doctor to another for the yearly check-ups. Gosh, I wish I could bill the doctors for the time we spent waiting in their waiting rooms (guess that's why they are called that) past our appointment time. We could retire again - LOL.

We are still in S. Alabama and expect to be here for two more weeks finishing up the doctor stuff and finishing up the distribution on my Dad's estate. From here we will head to Montgomery for a month or so to spend the holidays with Suze and David and take care of some legal matters.

We did drive the Jeep to Montgomery last week to spend Thanksgiving with Suze, David & Morgan. We had a great dinner - see picture, and of course ate more than we should have.



Friday morning I did something I always said I would never do. Suze and I got up at 5 am to be in line at Office Depot to buy new laptop computers. Morgan went along with us. We told her that she could sleep in, that we would be back around 7 am, but she said she had never done the Black Friday shopping thing and really, really wanted to go along. So we also had on sleepy girl with us. When we arrived at Office Depot there were already about a dozen in line so we weren't sure that we would get our computers. After a few minutes we discovered that employees from the store were going down the line giving out vouchers for the advertised items, which is a great way to handle the sales and other stores could take notice of this way of handling Black Friday sales. Maybe it would have saved the young man's life in Long Island, NY who got trambled to death at Wal-Mart had they done the same thing! Anyway, when the employee got to us, Suze said what she wanted and he pulled her a voucher and then I said the same and got the last one! Lucky us. We are now both owners of a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. I already love the difference in weight between it and my HP Pavilion. When we go back to Montgomery, David will transfer all my data from the HP to the Toshiba.

One other thing we did was go to Radio Shack and get a 19" HD TV for the bedroom. On our way there, we stopped so Morgan could change her shirt. It seems she made a bet with her Uncle Tim almost a year ago and lost and the bet was that she had to wear a LSU shirt and have her picture taken in it. Well, I guess her Daddy just couldn't stand the thought of seeing her in that shirt and it was never done. I promised Tim on Thursday that I would make sure that the picture was taken and it was. Of course I had to take it with AUBURN stuff in the background. Kinda balanced it all out. Picture is below:



I think this kinda brings me up to date for now. I'll post more after we move to Montgomery.

See ya soon,

3 Comments:

At 1/12/08 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think your Suze and our Suzy have to meet. I notice the tablecloth is the same one our daughter has! Very interesting:-)


JanC

 
At 3/12/08 7:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner looked delicious. Glad all is well. Shopping Black Friday is an experience. Hope you like everything you got. Good luck with all your doctor's appointment.

 
At 10/12/08 8:52 PM , Blogger Tom & Dianna said...

I almost did the Black Friday thing this year but found out I could order online and got up at 5:00 a.m. to order my new camera. Hope you guys are avoiding the bad weather that's in your part of the country right now. Have you decided where you are going in Texas? We are waiting on some friends to decide whether or not they are going with us. Have a Merry Christmas. Ours is starting with a family get together this Sat. night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home