Sunday, January 04, 2009

Busy Week Ahead

The holidays are over and it's now time to get to work - ugh, I hate that word. It's not really in my vocabulary anymore and just pops up every once and awhile.

This week will be a busy one. Dean has a dentist appointment on Tuesday to determine his options for getting his front tooth replaced. He had problems for several years with one of the crowns (I think that is correct) on his one front tooth and last year it broke again and the dentist said it had actually broke off a piece of the tooth in the gum. Anyway, last year he said he would just go without that tooth. One year was enough, at least for me and he has agreed it's time to get something done. Fortunately, he has had no pain or discomfort. Depending on what decision is made, we may just wait and get the work done in Mexico after we get to S. Texas. If any of you who read this blog have any comments on this, please post. We are interested in your experience with dentists in Mexico.

We also have some legal work that we will get accomplished while here since we can get it done for free at Maxwell AFB. New wills and living wills. No real changes to the wills, just a little updating to insure that my granddaughter is remembered.

I'm also setting up a CD for Morgan. My Dad left her some $$ that has been sitting in his savings account and I want to get it moved from there. Let me add just in case this should be misinterpreted. As executor of my father estate, I fulfilled his written and spoken wishes to me. This was one of his spoken wishes, prior to his death. Unfortunately, I cannot put the CD in her name because of the divorce between her parents. Don't want it being cashed in early! So, I will put it in my name with her as the beneficiary. Dang, divorce sure does affect more than just the husband, wife and kids, huh? She will know that it's there and will be her's one day. Should I live till her 18th birthday, the CD will then be transferred to her name.

On Wednesday we are going to lunch with Paul and Jean (AFChap). We've been parked one spot down from them since getting here Dec. 16th and have talked a couple of times, but both of us have been busy with our families over the holidays. We decided early on that getting together would have to happen after the new year came in.

Dean will be working at getting our new HDTV installed in the bedroom. The 22" tube one that we removed sure left a big hole and the 22" HD doesn't take up much room. He is going to get it mounted so that we don't have to worry about it falling out as we drive down the highway. I would like to eventually get the cabinet re-done with the TV mounted on the outside of a door. There is a big space where the old TV was that would make a great linen cabinet!

I'm going in search of a hairdresser. I had a perm while we were in Fairhope back in November, but the haircut wasn't done very good and the perm hasn't held up well. Time for some work to be done on my head - outside not in - LOL.

Then there is a trip to the commissary, cleaning the inside of the motorhome, looking at getting the carpets cleaned, finding a way to strap down our new recliners for travel and on and on... it just never ends, there is always something to do. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that we traded out one of the sofa's for two new La-z-Boy recliners. We love them!

Hope you all have a great first full week of the new year. It you are on the road, stay safe and if your parked, I hope it's warm where you are. I will post again when I know more about when we will be departing Montgomery.

2 Comments:

At 4/1/09 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessing to you and Dean as you deal with the family matters. (I hate dentists but they are necessary for good health.) Hope to see you down the highway sometime soon.

Happy New Year!

Susan G

 
At 4/1/09 10:07 PM , Blogger Dale said...

Good luck at the dentist, Dean.

Safe travels. . .

Dale

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home