Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Fun Saturday Evening

Brook & Morgan relaxing at Suze's.....

Yesterday, we met David at Suze's house to make a list of old coins that I had given them from my Dad's estate. Suze typed the list, I took the photos, David checked them out using a magnifying glass and Dean set them up for the pictures - a real family affair. While we were doing this, Morgan was playing on Suze's new Wii. I have gotten in touch with a coin collector in Birmingham, AL. to determine the value of these coins and he needed a list and some photos to check. I don't know if we have anything of great value, but for insurance purposes, it would be good to know. If you are into old coins, I've posted the pictures at Picasa. Some are interesting, like a old civil war token.

Suze and I invited Shannon and her daughter, Brooke to Suze's for dinner. Shannon is a friend of David's. Very nice lady!!! She called about the time we were ready to eat and said she would be delayed, that her laundry room was flooded - her washer water connection sprung a leak! Yuck, she had a mess to clean up. Anyway, they did show up about a hour later and had their dinner.

Afterward, we gathered around the Wii - there is something about that thing (the Wii) that is like a magnet - LOL. Most of us had at least one turn playing but there was one who didn't want to give up their remote, but I'll not mention his name : ). We then moved to the dining room for a rousing game of Polish Poker. Brooke decided that she didn't want to play, but watched while the rest of us played. This was Shannon's first time at this card game. Tonight wasn't Morgan's lucky night, she was out of pennies after two rounds - we tried to loan her some more but she declined and retreated to the Wii - it's that magnet thing again! After three rounds around the table we decided to call it quits since it was 10 pm and the winner was - ta-da - SHANNON! Skill or beginners luck, we'll find out the next time! David came in second and the rest of us were basically broke! I need to tell you, we don't play for keeps. We have a bag of pennies that we use and everyone gets 50 cents to start. With so many playing we really needed to start with 100 pennies each - they went fast, at least from a few of us. The winner is the person who has the most pennies at the end.

We had a great day, enjoying our family and David's friend Shannon. She and her daughter blend in very well.

We finally get started with the dentist round on Tuesday - hooray!!! As I've mentioned, I'm putting them on a time table - mine! If they can't adhere to it, well, we'll see.

Until next time, enjoy yourselves where ever you are.

5 Comments:

At 1/2/09 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Morgan like the Brain Age game? I love it, but someone lost that version of mine. I have the brain of a 30 year old. I have almost all of the brain buster(different brain games) games. They can be very addicting too.
Carol

 
At 1/2/09 4:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Have you ever tried bowling with the WII. Good luck Dean. We are in Florida finally.

 
At 2/2/09 9:21 AM , Blogger Dale said...

My sister and I did the karaoke with the WII. Not a pretty sight. Like your chairs. . . look a lot like ours! Good luck at the dentist.

Dale

 
At 5/2/09 9:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the pictures of the coins and bills. I bet if antique roadshow on the tv was near you, they could tell you what everything is worth. any luck finding out?
burr it's cold

 
At 11/2/09 10:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great pictures of the coins! It can be hard to take close-ups that show good detail. Good idea for insurance purposes.

Did the coins I sent you get there alright?

Garry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home