Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside!

This morning the temperature was 45 when I got up. This will probably be the warmest morning of the upcoming week. Yep, you heard right, the warmest! The weatherman is predicting low temps will be below freezing every night for at least the next six nights - burrr. Now I'm wondering why we didn't head for S. Texas and get Dean's dental work done down there.

There isn't a lot to catch up on here. Just doing the normal 'when your home' stuff. Yesterday we went to David's to get him to find out what is wrong with my new computer. I can't get into my favorite game's on Pogo. Yes, I'm a game junkie - could have worse habits - LOL! Well, he got it working at his place but when we got back home it gave me the same error message again - grrr. I have Vista and I know that's the problem cause I can access my games on Dean's computer and he goes through the same router that I do except he is running Windows XP.

Anyway we took David out to lunch for all his hard work. We went to a new restaurant here in Montgomery called Mimi's Cafe. On our way there, his friend, Shannon called and I said to invite her as well. We had a wonderful lunch! Dean had his once every six months dose of liver and onions, he was happy ; ). David had the Parmesan Chicken and said it was delicious and Shannon and I both ordered the Chicken Pot Pie. It was very good but so hot we couldn't hardly eat it. The guys were done and both of us were still only have way through our meal. If I get it again, I'll ask for a dish and dump it out of the baking dish so it can cool off faster. As we finished, Suze called and she was in the same shopping area where the restaurant is located so she joined us for a few minutes. Dean and I took off with Suze to do some shopping and David and Shannon went there separate ways. A very enjoyable afternoon! Here again, the only thing that would have made it better is if Morgan could have been with us. Sure do miss her when she's not around.

Dean and I have been talking about doing some Alabama sightseeing since we are going to be here for several months. We have several places in mind to visit, so hopefully in the future, I'll have something more than just this mundane stuff to report.

You guys that are in S. Florida or S. Texas or someplace warm, think about us this coming week when we will be freezing our tushes off! I'll sure be thinking about ya'll and wishing we were there!

Later......

6 Comments:

At 12/1/09 6:21 AM , Blogger Dale said...

It was cool here yesterday too, only about 68*. Sorry. It is supposed to be in the low 70*'s today. Good luck with the dental work. I had to have a lot done the first year we started full timing. Not fun, but I'm in good shape now.

Dale

 
At 12/1/09 7:54 AM , Blogger Snackmaster & Jan said...

It's not warm here either! The highs for this week are all in the 60s. Our morning low today was 44*. We had a Mimi's open in Colorado before we moved from there and we enjoyed some of their food. Nice place. Glen and Diane are here and I'm afraid it will be too cold for much fishing, but I'm sure the guys will try anyway:-)

 
At 12/1/09 10:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's freezing in New Jersey. It's 23 now. I keep dreaming of warm weather. If we ever get finished we all our doctors, we are leaving for Florida. Keep warm

 
At 14/1/09 8:33 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Good Morning Mom and Dad Schultz! Omg,did I make the blog?! Yea me..oh yeah oh yeah...(sorry got a little carried away! lol) I really enjoyed lunch with ya'll. That pot pie would be great right now - might warm me up! Its so cold outside and the next two will be even colder! Burrrr! I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. Being able to travel, do and go like you do is awesome - such great memories. I would love to do that one day!

By the way Mom....got your message! Lol...Have a good day!

Shannon

 
At 14/1/09 2:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shannon,

Of course you made the blog - why not ;-)

Lunch was fun as is getting to know you.

We'll talk soon.

 
At 16/1/09 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we had some of your cool air. We are in the single digits and it's not fun.

Love ya,
Carol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home