Thursday, September 24, 2009

We Have Moved To Lancaster

It will be a week Saturday since Suze left us and flew back to Alabama. The first couple of days we spent relaxing. Gosh darn, I guess I'm getting old!!! I was just totally wore out after 10 days of going, going and more going. I'm not used to the pace. Dean and I go and rest, go and rest .... you get the picture. After a day of total relaxation, we decided it was time to catch up on the laundry. Off we went to a laundromat in Gettysburg where we filled five double load machines and spend nearly two and a half hours getting it all done. When we got back to the motorhome Dean asked "what are we doing with the stack of sheets and blankets behind your chair". Well, we went off and forgot all about the bedding that was used for Suze - dah!!! And I thought we were done - not! The next couple of days Ispent cleaning the inside of the motorhome. Yes couple of days - a little at a time. I'm retired ya know. Dean was so nice, he offered to take the bedding and visit the campground laundry room, I didn't argue. The end of our week was spent visiting with my Aunt Dottie and her daughter Carol who both live in Chambersburg. We went through a lot of old pictures and just had a good time talking and visiting. Dean and I did make one more trip to Thurmont, Md to eat at Mountain Gate (again), a big buffet for 6.75 a person. You just can't cook for that price!!! As always it was yummy.



Today, Friday, we moved to Lancaster County to have a Amish carpenter make and install some sliding drawers in the kitchen area. I can hardly wait to get them in - more space!! Our friends, Linda & Byron Landry from LA are here also. They were in DC and heading to Indiana to have some carpentry done and I told them about Lancaster County and the Amish man that was recommended to us. Surprise, they changed their mind and came here. They had a shelf installed under the front cabinet, over the driver. This is where their electronics are stored. It looks great!

Last night we went to Jennies Diner on route 30 for dinner. Wow - was it good. Linda and Byron tried something new - lettuce with hot bacon dressing. From the looks of their bowl, they liked it! I had it also as it had been years since I last ate it. Linda also like the pepper slaw. The biggest problem up here is they just don't understand small servings!

Today we are going to the Bird-In-Hand Farmers market, one of my favorite places. Linda and Byron have never been so I think they are in for a treat. Then we will be heading to Shady Maple for lunch. Have you been there? If so you know how good (or in PA dutch - goot) it is.

Tomorrow we are going to a Octoberfest in Adamstown which should be a lot of fun. I love the omm-papa bands. Maybe they will even do the wild turkey, or as better know, the chicken dance.

The campground we are staying at is very nice. All adult and quiet, no activities. But, the down side is it is very expensive and it's would be quicker to tell you what you can do rather then the rules of what you can't do! We do have a five mile view out our front window so that makes up for it.

I haven't taken any pictures yet but will get some soon and post them. Probably after Sunday and the Octoberfest. So check back in a day or so. Till then ......

1 Comments:

At 25/9/09 1:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like so much fun

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home