Friday, October 23, 2009

Good Times In TN

Our time here has been really great and tomorrow it will come to a end. I do think that I will try to get back here sooner rather than later! It is so beautiful, especially in the fall. It is also expensive so if you think about coming, bring lots of cash! The campground that we stayed at for six nights was over $260. I can get almost a month for that rate in other areas of the US. It is a nice campground though, one of the nicer ones I've seen in this area.

Wednesday we picked up Joel and Ava and drove into the park where we had a nice picnic lunch by a beautiful stream. After eating and chatting, we drove to a old schoolhouse. The drive there is on a dirt one lane road with only a couple spots wide enough for vehicles to pass. There is a sign at the beginning of the road to be prepared to backup! We got lucky going in, made it all the way to the school. I have posted pictures that I took there of the school, Joel & Ava and more. On our way back we met another vehicle but lucky for us it was at a wide spot. Maybe I should say lucky for them cause they would have had to back up! We had a wonderful afternoon with our friends and look forward to seeing them down the road again.

Thursday Dean and I drove the Foothills Parkway. It wasn't what I expected but was a beautiful drive. Again it was up a mountain which gave us great views out over several valleys.
In the evening we drove back to Cades Cove but alas, no bears! Lots of deer and turkey again though.

This morning, not early, we made our last drive through the cove. No wildlife in sight, I think because of the weather. It was getting very stormy up on the mountains and very windy in the cove. I did get some pictures of fall color in the cove. I think every day we drove the color became more brilliant.

The rest of today is being spent relaxing and preparing for a long drive tomorrow to Montgomery, AL.

I don't know when I'll be back here with a post. Being back in Montgomery and then on to Fairhope doesn't really give me a lot of things to blog about. But, I will be back, so thanks for following along with us for this summer and check in to see when I am back on the road.

Pictures of our time here in TN have been loaded at Picasa. Enjoy!

Till next time, God Bless

2 Comments:

At 25/10/09 1:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Safe trip home.

 
At 28/10/09 1:42 AM , Blogger Breakin' Wind said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Happy trails...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home