Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Popcorn, Tractors, Quilts and more.

This past Saturday Dean and I went to a Popcorn Festival and a Corn Festival. I must tell you, the Popcorn Festival was a big disappointment. It was advertised "popcorn everything". Bah! Popcorn in a box or bag, flavored and this - the BIG Oddity - the popcorn burger.



There were lots of arts and craft tent and we walked through most of them. Bought three towels for the kitchen. That was it.

From the Popcorn Festival we drove to the Corn Festival, about thirty miles away. OK, I've been to corn festivals before and there were several dishes such as corn soup(chowder), corn on the cob, corn fritters available. Not at this corn Festival! Roasted corn on the cob - that was it. Oops, forgot, more popcorn - LOL! Of course there were all the typical carney foods available, but I was hoping for something more.

Dean really enjoyed looking at the antique farm tractors - I guess you can take the boy from the farm but not the farm outta the boy. I took one picture of some tractors because this one had a FORD!



There was a quilt show in one of the buildings. We walked through and saw some really beautiful quilts. This one was my favorite.



Both festivals were a big disappointment in my book. Oh well, I'm sure that we will find more to check out.

Sunday we went to church with our Escapee friends, Paul and Jean (AFChap). After church we all went out to eat at a Chinese Buffet to celebrate Dean's and mine anniversary. We had a good time and good food.

I went over to the lake here at the campground last evening to try to catch a C5 taking off or landing. I was to late as they had all parked for the evening. I did get this picture of the lake with a C5 in the background. I missed some good photos yesterday as they were doing a lot of touch and go with the C5's. That's me, always a dollar short and a day late - LOL.



Of course the lake is not visible from the campground - go figure!

Tomorrow we are moving to Celina, OH to join a group of the Class of '05 graduates. Looking forward to seeing those friends that we've not seen in a year and meeting some new friends.

More later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home