Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Presidential Airplanes and an Alien??

This morning Dean and I went back to the Air Force Museum to tour the Presidential/Experimental Display. It is separate from the huge museum and can only be accessed by tour bus - you need to arrive early and sign up at the main museum. If you have a military ID card, then you can proceed to the Presidential Display on your own - this is what we did.

I found this to be one of the most interesting displays. I just wish that they had the planes spaced better so that you could get better pictures!

I'm not going to put all the history about the planes here. If you want to know, visit the museum, or I guess you could ask me. I've captioned the pictures to identify them. The most interesting information about the planes is located on information boards outside the planes - yes, most of these are open where you can tour the inside. Very, very interesting.















Another view of the last "retired" Air Force One.


We were talking to one of the volunteers at the Presidential/Experimental Exhibit when a young man came up to him and asked to see the "Alien". The volunteer said follow me, so we all did. This is what we saw, locked in a safe!



Ahhh, I knew they really existed. Isn't he cute?

After touring the Presidential hanger we went to the Experimental aircraft hanger. I didn't take any pictures there as the aircraft was just to close together to get a good picture. This are was also very interesting. There are a lot of "one of a kind" aircraft - well, maybe one of three, in this location. Some of them were very intimidating looking while others like the "Goblin" was cute. Something else you just have to see to appreciate.

After the museum we went shopping. I bought Tipsy some crinkle mice - they are made from a foil type material and make a crinkling sound when touched. He was so excited - right - he played with them for about 3 minutes and is now sleeping by one.

Tomorrow we are going to visit Tab and Deanna at Kiser Lake.

Till next time.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home