Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Where are we???

We are now parked at Artillery Ridge Campground, Gettysburg, PA. Are plans are for five nights here to give us time to hopefully get the ice maker repaired and restock on some of the better foodstuffs that are found in this area.

My last post, I believe we were either still at Keenes in Calais, ME or at Pumpkin Patch RV Park, Bangor, ME. When we left Pumpkin Patch, we stopped back at Rogers Campground in Lancaster, NH for one night and a great view (again) of Mt. Washington. We then drove to Brattleboro, VT where we spent Sat. and Sun. While there we paid a visit to the Yankee Candle Co. Store. In a word - WOW! I recommend if you are ever in this area to plan at least a half day there. It is huge! Be prepared, they sell a lot more than candles. And, yes, my daughter-in-law knows that we stopped there. I got her permission - LOL, by telling her that I wouldn't buy any candles since her and my son make candles.

From Brattleboro, we went to Newburgh, NY for the night and then stopped in Ravine, PA last night. I do NOT recommend this campground in Ravine. It is Echo Valley Campground and has more permanent setups with about 6 pullthroughs for overnighters. Small narrow sites, but long enough that we didn't have to unhitch. The real rub is the owners attitude - very, very unfriendly! I wanted to leave, but Dean was tired so we stayed.

And, that brings me to the present. We won't be doing any touring, just shopping and seeing some family, while we are here. I probably won't update the blog until we get to Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.

Stay safe till then.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home