Monday, August 07, 2006

Maine = Trouble

We arrived at Pumpkin Patch Campground just outside Bangor, ME today around 2PM. First problem, no space, but the good news is that they did have overflow - 20amp elec only - so there we sit. Thank goodness it's cool and we don't need A/C.

Today, Dean decided that the noise we've been hearing for the past couple of weeks, needs to be checked out. He suspects the real wheel bearings. Well, we sat in NH a whole week longer than we were supposed to and I have to wonder why he didn't get it checked out there??? There was even a Ford dealer in Lancaster. Oh well, life goes on. So right now, we are parked, will move tomorrow to a "real" site for two nights, then, if we are still here, I don't know, maybe back to overflow.

Needless to say, my first taste of Maine isn't the best. Even the scenery changed and I didn't see one thing worth taking a picture of during our drive over ROUGH US Rt 2.

OK, I'm going, no need to bore everyone with my woes. I'll post more when I perk up.

4 Comments:

At 8/8/06 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheer up. Things will get better. Thats what everyone was telling me for the past year. Hope the truck is ok. Maybe putting synthetie fluid in the rear will help. It did for me on our ford. Not much to see in Maine except trees. lol. How far from Kirk. Keep up your spirits.

 
At 8/8/06 2:06 PM , Blogger Janice and Dean said...

Jim,

Things got better - I saw a Paul Bunyon (SP) statue in downtown Bangor today - whoopeee!

The truck goes into the local Ford Truck Dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully we will have it back by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Your close to closing, I know that your getting excited!

 
At 8/8/06 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 days and counting.

 
At 10/8/06 1:19 PM , Blogger Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

cheer up girl, it could be worse. at least its cool. most everybody else is sweating it where they are.

And there is always some good among the bad.

and jim and joellen, congrats on your retirement and fulltiming.

R

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home