Sunday, March 15, 2009

Achy Muscles

Gosh darn, do I ache this morning! Yesterday Suze and I took Morgan bowling. Shannon and her daughter, Brooke went along also. What a good time we all had. But, let me tell you, I haven't held a bowling ball in my hands for 30+ years and it's not like riding a bicycle!!! In my mind I thought, "I used to bowl and not bad so how hard could it be to do it again, right"? Wrong!

I thought I had been getting ready by doing the bowling on my daughters Wii. Well, unfortunately, the Wii remote does not weigh but a few ounces where the bowling ball I used was 11 pounds. I know, that's a light weight but when I picked up a fourteen and even the twelve pounder I though I would drop it on my toes. I do really good on the Wii and it had given me a lot of false confidence. I just knew that I would bowl in the mid to high 100's - wrong again.



The score boards....



Oops, Morgan threw a gutter ball...


I will say I was not alone and that in itself made me feel a little better. The end result was that all five of us had a good time, which was what we set out to do. All but one of us even had a strike or two - I'm not going to name names, but it wasn't me - I had three : )


Brooke & Morgan ....................Morgan, Shannon & Brooke

After the ladies bowled two games and the girls bowled four, we stopped by the arcade where they got on a dance machine and did very well. Then they got on a roller coaster ride that was like a run-a-way roller coaster. This was one of those "motion" rides and it sure did bounce them around, but they enjoyed it.

We left the bowling alley and went to Chappy's for lunch. The food was great when we finally got it, but the service left a lot to be desired. So much so that Suze talked to a manager before we left. She was very sorry about our receiving bad service and gave us two $10.00 gift cards. Guess that means we will go back again. It usually is very good, I guess they were having a bad day or new servers or something.

I forgot my camera, but Suze took hers, so I'll post a picture or two here when she sends them to me.

Our next girls day out will have to be something a little less strenuous - like maybe a massage, ohh I could use that right now! See ya later....

3 Comments:

At 19/3/09 9:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. I haven't been bowling in over 30 years. I might hurt something but it would be fun. Enjoy

 
At 19/3/09 9:24 PM , Blogger Singing Land Cruiser said...

Looks like a fun time. M&C

 
At 24/3/09 1:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It was fun, but left me and my muscles sore!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home