Monday, April 06, 2009

Beaver Bend State Park, Broken Bow, OK

First Report: No cell phone service, but I do have Internet and TV - hooray!

Yesterday morning we left De Queen for a relatively short drive (about 55 miles) to Beaver Bend. The drive here was uneventful, good roads and quick. We were following Wes and Jan who know where they were going. After getting to the campground I was really glad to have someone lead us in. This park is really pretty. Deep in the woods along a stream with lots of wild life. I haven't taken any pictures yet but will be doing so today. Anyway, Gary and Jo Ella where here already and directed us to the sites that they were holding for us. The afternoon was spent getting dishes for internet and TV up and running. Early evening Wes built a campfire and we all sat around until one by one we drifted off due to being cold.

One surprise was a phone call I received from Terry and Dale while enroute here. They were going to join us for the night. We gave them the general directions, as much as I knew at the time and then drove to the spillway and met them to lead them to the campground. It was great to see them and sad that they could only spend the night. I got up this morning to see them driving off. Didn't even get to say so long, but I think we will probably see them this summer somewhere in Indiana or Michigan, at least I hope so. Be safe Terry & Dale! Hugs.

So there it is, the first report. I'll be back later with a update and some picture - this promises to be a fun week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home