Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day One - Nashville

Oh it was sooo good to sleep in this morning - NOT! We are staying at Nashville Country RV Park in Goodlettsville and even though when you get off the interstate you go 1.5 mi to the campground, the road actually runs parallel to the interstate so you hear the traffic in the evenings and night. The campground is OK, but the site we are in is not one of the better ones. Right along the highway that runs by the campground. Oh well, I can tolerate anything for a few nights.


Yesterday we made our "must visit" to the local Wally World to get Dean a couple of shirts. He has lost enough weight that his XL shirts were hanging on him and looked really bad and made him look worse.


This morning he took off to the laundromat to get them washed along with some new t-shirts so he could start wearing clothes that fit him. Dang! I wish I had to buy new clothes because mine where hanging on me, not fair - he goes down while I go up - LOL!!!


We decided to head out to the Loveless Cafe and Motel. I didn't look it up on the map so wasn't sure just where we were headed but off we went because it was listed as a "don't miss" while in Nashville.
The Loveless Cafe/Motel............................

I don't think it is actually located in Nashville. It is on the southwest end of town on Highway 100. After getting off the interstates, the drive wasn't so bad. When we turned onto Highway 100, I told Dean that we had been on this road before with our friends Brent and Jackie. I didn't drive it, Brent did, but it was oh so familiar. Anyway, we rounded a curve and there it was - the Loveless Cafe. The parking lot was full and it was almost 2 pm when we arrived. We figured we were in for a wait but to our surprise it was only about 5 min. It was worth it, no matter how long we would have waited!!! It is a "do not miss" when in the Nashville area. They are known best for their biscuits and fried chicken, but today Dean opted for the smoked pork chops and I had the meatloaf. Of course it was served with biscuits and homemade jams -ohh so good!! Our meal was wonderful so we decided to press our luck and ordered desert. I had their version of coconut custard pie and Dean had strawberry/rhubarb pie. Yummmy.....

As we were walking back to the car or should I say waddling, the phone rang and I said to Dean that I wish it would be Jackie. I had called and left a message for her and sent her a email but had no response back to either and I was afraid that she had gone out of town. Well, I didn't recognize the number but answered anyway and guess what - it was Jackie!!! Wish answered.

Since we were only about 20 miles from Fairview where she lives we went to her house to visit.

Much to my surprise, she has a new house! Prior to Brent's death ( her husband) in Nov. 07 they had discussed about adding on to their house or building a new one and had decided to go with the new one but he died before they could begin. Last year she followed through and now lives about 500 feet from the old house in her brand new one. Her daughter and son-in-law have moved into the old house which is good since she will have family close by.

Gosh it was so good seeing her. She is my adopted sister, I just love her so much! We had a short but wonderful visit with her, catching up with each other's lives. I hope it isn't as long between visits this time and we have promised to keep closer in touch with each other.





So that was our day. We are now back home listening to live music here at the campground. We are sitting inside where we are bug free! The stage is just a few hundred feed from where we are parked so we have ring side seats.

I have posted a few pictures at Picasa.

I think we are going to do the General Jackson steamboat on Saturday. So ya'll come on back and see what we think of it. Till then....

2 Comments:

At 14/8/09 3:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

very nice day

 
At 15/8/09 7:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice. I'll take a good meatloaf over fried chicken any day (unless it's my Mom's fried chicken). So glad to hear Dean is better and you are back to traveling around again.

JanC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home