Monday, June 15, 2009

Family Picnic at Caledonia State Park

Sunday morning dawned a beautiful day, cloudless sky, cool temperatures, just absolutely perfect for a picnic.

On our drive over Route 30 toward Caledonia State Park, I remembered the Round Barn that I've been to many times and thought that Morgan and David would enjoy seeing it. Detour time it was...

The Round Barn is just that - round. It was used as a milking barn for many years before becoming a produce, craft market. It is also still on a working farm with goats, horses etc.

Morgan really loved it as she got to feed the horses some carrots. They came right up to her, I guess horses seem to know that she really likes them.

Then it was up over South Mountain to the picnic. We arrived early which was nice as the park wasn't crowded yet. That was to come later in the day. It also gave me time to catch up with my cousin Diane. By 4 pm most all the family was there and we had such a great time. I didn't count, but 3 of my aunt's children were there as were her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We really had a wonderful time and I'm glad that Morgan got to meet all her cousins. She should know this side of the family even though there is many miles between them.

We returned home around 8:30 pm tired - again! Seems to be a way of life lately! David and Morgan made a campfire again but Dean and I went to bed.

Monday morning was going to be a earlier day and I needed my beauty sleep - oh OK, I just needed my sleep!

Pictures are posted at Picasa - enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home