Sunday, August 09, 2009

We Made It North - Red Bay, AL That Is!

After a week and a half in Montgomery getting a few things done, we left yesterday morning for the easy drive to Red Bay, AL and the Allegro Campground. Wow - so many motorhomes! And can you imagine - they are all Tiffin products - lol.

This morning we attended church in town and had a delicious "church" meal. First United Methodist Church here in Red Bay holds a 2nd Sunday supper after church and guess what - today was the 2nd Sunday! For $6 pp we had pulled pork that was delicious, corn casserole, cole slaw, baked beans, roll, dessert (I had pina colada cake), and drink. I wondered what I was going to do for dinner today, thanks First UMC!!!

I just got back from the office where I was turning in our paperwork and list. Now the wait begins. With any luck we will not be much over a week. Fingers are crossed - double!!

It's so hot here and those of you that have been here know that the "campground" is concrete and reflects the heat very well. Because of this no one is out milling around. Every now and then I see a person walking their pooch, I'm sure it was a necessity. Last evening wasn't much better, very few people out. We did have a produce truck come through and I bought two tomato's. Gosh, I hope they are good. I'm so hungry for a GOOD tomato!

So, there you have it. We are sitting, beginning our wait. At this time nothing else to report.

I'll be back when I have more news...hopefully good!

2 Comments:

At 9/8/09 4:39 PM , Blogger Dale said...

Janice, the guy with the produce trailer is Tammy Wynette's uncle and I believe the story is that they raised her.

Dale

 
At 10/8/09 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see a new post from you. We were beginning to worry:-) Is Dean still doing well? Sure hope so. It has finally begun to cool off here in western Kansas. It was even foggy this morning. We have (finally) started working on the outside of the house. It's going to be more involved than we originally thought, but we have to get it done. So, have cancelled our fall trip and will just go to AP, TX in November for the winter, then who knows where:-)

Keep in touch.

JanC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home