Sunday, December 06, 2009

Almost Done!

I know, it's been close to a month since I have been here - did you miss me :-)

We have been busy with many doctor appointments since we arrived. Seems like every couple of days we are at the medical center here in Fairhope which is where most of the doctors are located.

The only thing left (I hope) is our eye doctor and those appointment are not until Dec. 14/15. Then in January I have a GYN right before we depart for Florida.

So far the appointment have gone well, especially for Dean. All his labs were excellent, he has gained weight and is doing well except in the neurological area. I see changes in him almost daily. More forgetful than he used to be. He worked in electronics all his life and now has a hard time hooking up a TV! He gets very frustrated when it don't work. Other than that area, he is doing good.

Me on the other hand didn't have glowing reports. Besides getting chewed out for the weight gain, my A1C (sugar), cholesterol and other labs were elevated. Bad Me! I believe a lot of it was caused during the time that Dean was losing weight and not eating - I was constantly getting into food, trying to get him to eat. I did, he didn't!!! Long story short - I gained :-( Because of this I have a follow-up appointment for March/April time frame. Grrrr. I hate doctors! A evil necessity!

Christmas has also kept us busy. I feel like my second home this year has been Best Buy. Hmmm, hope I'm not giving anything away by saying that, but they sell lots of "stuff" so probably not. I'm almost done shopping and have a few to wrap.

We will be going to Montgomery for Christmas, spending about 6 days there. We will leave the motorhome parked here at Coastal Haven and stay at Suze's. There are plenty of snowbirds here to keep a eye on things that I'm not to worried. I did give it a second thought though after reading about friends Nick & Terry having their motorhome broke into and things taken.

The park here is still about half full. Not sure where everyone is this year - waiting till after Christmas I guess. The last run we made to Rainbow Plantation it was about the same, not very full. Makes me wonder where the snowbirds are....

I probably won't be posting again before Christmas, so I want to take this time to wish each and everyone who reads this a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May God richly bless you during this holiday season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home