Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wauchula to Silver Springs

This past Tuesday we drove about 150 miles north to visit our friends Bill and Helen in Silver Springs, FL. I know, north is not the direction that we want to go but fortunately it's still in Florida and the weather has really gotten quite nice. Anyway, we are staying at Wilderness RV Park where they own their lot. This park is divided into three sections, one is the original campground - the Village I think, the second is new - Town Park if I'm correct - and where Bill & Helen have their lot and we are staying in the newest part - the Preserve - a motorhome only area. Helen kids and says it's the "snob" area. I haven't encountered any yet but then there are only about 7 lots sold with motorhomes on them. The streets here are nice and wide along with the RV pads. We have full hook-ups and cable TV. Very nice place to park for a couple of weeks.

Tuesday night there was a chili cook-off which we attended. Helen had made a big crock pot full of chili but unfortunately, she didn't place. All the chili was good and it was hard to decide which to pick but I had to remain loyal to my friend.

Yesterday, they drove us around Silver Spring and into Ocala to acquaint us with where everything is. I think I like Ocala - lots of stores and most all the major ones. We ate lunch at Mimi's Cafe and then drove out in the country past John Travolta's estate. Darn, really couldn't see much from the road at all. Just a lot of ground and road - the house is very well hidden! No paparazzi pictures! I did take one of the entrance - he flies in and out, thus the name - Jumbolair.

After returning back to the park I decided it would be a good time to get caught up on laundry. I was going to do it before we left Wauchula but just didn't get it done. They have a really nice laundromat on the grounds and am glad I waited. I have decided that early evening is a good time to do laundry - no one else using the machines.

So there you have it - our first day here. I heard whispers about going to someplace on Sat. that serves a $5.00 steak dinner - also heard it's a biker bar! The seafood restaurant for Friday night was pointed out to us on the drive. I believe we are planning a pontoon boat ride after Henry and Anne get here along with going to see some manatee's. Helen says there is really a lot to do from the park. We are half way between the ocean and the gulf. What is next? I don't know, you will have to check back. I did post just a couple of pictures I took on the way here - enjoy. Till next time - stay safe....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home