Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Changes Made To Blog

I have had to change the "comment" requirement on my blog because of some "idiot people" who were posting links to what were possibly spam links in the comment section of my blog. All comments will now have to be approved by me. I hate doing this as I feel it does infringe on your freedom of speech but it's the only way I know of to control this type of spamming. I did have it set for "letter verification" but apparently they have become much smarter and have found a way around it. Sorry.

Not much has been going on other than finishing up with doctor appointments and getting ready for Christmas. We did attend a Mark Lowery concert that was fabulous.

Oh yes, I am trying out a Verizon Air Card. I am beginning to think that I really like it. I know Dean will be happy if I decide to stay with it since it will mean not having to set up the monster dish! I'm still hesitant though because of being in areas where we don't recieve cell service... I still have half a month to test drive it.

We head out on Tuesday for Montgomery and Christmas there. Will return to Fairhope the Sunday after and then in January head to Florida for a couple of months.

I suspect that I'll have more to write about after the holidays!

Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....

3 Comments:

At 17/12/09 6:46 AM , Blogger Dale said...

Janice,

We have an air card as well. We had it before we got the Datastorm. However, back then, they weren't as good as they are now. Now we have a router for ours and it works almost as well as the Datastorm. My Mom has it in her house down here in the valley.

Don't worry about the comments. I didn't have a spammer, but someone who mistakenly thought I had said something about them (long story) and started making really ugly comments about me and my family on my blog. How adult is that?

Stay warm and dry. . .

Dale

 
At 20/12/09 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janice,

We have used the Verison card for almost six years and love it. We have a router and antenna mounted out of the way.

We look forward to seeing you next month.

Have a super Merry Christmas.

Helen

 
At 21/12/09 7:01 PM , Blogger Paul said...

I use my Vz cellphone on the same broadband service as your air card. Pretty much the only place we have not had coverage is extreme NW Oklahoma. My new RevA phone has great speeds ...better than most RV park WIFI systems (including where you and I are right now!)

Paul

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home