Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ghost Train, Friends and Family

On Friday afternoon we drove back to Gettysburg from Carlisle to meet with Anne and Henry Goldman (wannabee's) and Jim and Jo (topfuel) at the Lincoln Diner. It was good seeing them again. We hadn't seen Anne and Henry since last Sept. when they allowed us to park at their farm in TN. Of course we had just left Jim and Jo's house last Sat. after parking there for one night. We caught up on what was going on with everyone over a good meal that lasted about two hours - I thought the Diner staff might throw us out! We left there and walked to the train station for our Ghost Train ride.



Dean and I have rode this train twice before and enjoyed it. Both times have been middle of the day rides, so we expected to see some pretty scenery and here some history, which we did. I wasn't sure what to expect on the "Ghost Train", but I guess I should have lowered my expectations! While the train ride was nice the only thing different about the Ghost Train ride and the regular daytime ride was we were told stories of ghost sightings at various points along the way. Well, we certainly weren't going to see any because it was daylight! While we enjoyed the company, the ride itself was a disappointment.

After returning to the train station, we all went back to the Lincoln Diner for desert -yummmy! Everyone except Dean and David (Anne and Henry's grandson) had a sundae. David had the brownie with ice cream and hot fudge and Dean had, I hate to say it, a HOT DOG! Yeah, a hot dog, he doesn't do sweets - weird....but I love him anyway.

Again, we sat and talked for quite a long time. Thank goodness the Diner wasn't busy!

We bid everyone farewell around 10 pm and drove back to our campground.

Saturday was spent visiting my Aunt Dottie in Chambersburg. Saw all five of my cousins and had a really nice time catching up with everyone. One of my cousins is moving to South Bend, Indiana - I told her to be sure and buy a house with a RV pad!

Today, Sunday, we are visiting my Aunt Carolyn who lives in Camp Hill. Her son Barry and his wife Connie are coming from Lancaster also. I'm looking forward to another enjoyable day visiting family.

Tomorrow we are departing for Maine so unless we get lucky and find campgrounds with wi-fi for the next several nights, I'll be offline. Will catch up with you from somewhere in North East Maine by the end of next week. Till then.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home