Monday, July 31, 2006

Lancaster, NH

Went back to the ER here in Lancaster today. Saw a different ER doctor who did a good exam. He came up with the same diagnosis - sciatiac nerve. He has me on pain medicine, anti-inflammatory, and muscle relaxer. I should get a good night sleep tonight! The ER doctor said if I took all the meds before I go to bed, he would guarantee a good nights sleep. Sounds great to me.

We are going to stay here in Lancaster, NH until next Sunday or Monday. Where we are going from here is still questionable. We will have to re-examine our time since we are due to be in Dayton, Ohio around the 27th of August. I still want to go to Maine and visit some of the coast line and have a lobster. We will see. I guess it will depend on how I'm feeling and how well I can ride.

The campground is being great with the rates for us. Today they charged us the PA rate of $17.50. This even though they have a rule of one night per stay! Tomorrow we will pay up for five more nights which they have a special for - $105.00. Pay for three get two free. $21.00 per night for full hook-up isn't to bad. I'm hoping that next Sunday we can get the PA rate again for that night. Am I hoping for to much?

One bright side is that Lancaster has a Farmer's Market in town on Saturday and the local UMC is having a Chicken Pie supper on Saturday night. We'll be there.

I think we will also attempt to do the Notch Train ride that we had to cancel this last week.

Again, we will see.

We have no cell phone service here - to far from the interstate and in the valley between mountains. At lease I do have the internet.

Come back soon to see where we head.

4 Comments:

At 1/8/06 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you just need to rest for a little while. Please don't overdo it!

We miss you and hope you get better soon! Safe travels!

Patti and Mickey

 
At 1/8/06 11:38 AM , Blogger Janice and Dean said...

Patti,

I'm getting plenty of rest. You know me, I just have a problem being still to long...

Took a ride this morning hunting for cell phone signal - the highlight of my day - LOL!

 
At 1/8/06 9:06 PM , Blogger Dale said...

What can I say? Epidural 2 years ago, 12 acupuncture treatments, lots of meds. Sciatica is a really painful condition. Our neighbor here swears by the chiropractor. I will try that next. I am actually feeling a whole lot better. The acupuncture helped, now if I can just keep from injuring it.

Good luck.

Dale

 
At 2/8/06 9:44 AM , Blogger Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

get well soon girl.
look at the monthly rate, might be alot cheaper than you think.

its a cool 52 this morning.

R

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home