Friday, November 09, 2007

Time For An Update

Other than still staying busy with my Dad's affairs, we haven't been doing much.

My Dad, I'm happy to report, is doing very well, considering his health and age. He surprised me the other day by telling me he had driven to Pensacola and back to go to the wholesaler where he used to buy the merchandise for his previous flea market business. I have to say that I wasn't really happy to hear it, but was thankful that he made it over and back without incident. He admitted that he was really exhausted when he finally got back to Foley. I don't think he'll be trying that again for awhile, at least I hope not!

He has settled into the assisted living facility very well and has made lots of friends. He even goes to play bingo occasionally, but says that they call it to slow because of the "old people" - LOL. Not sure what he thinks he is.

Our neighbors here at Rainbow Plantation, whom I'm sorry to say, we didn't get much opportunity to chat with, packed up and left this morning. A nice couple from Oregon (which is where they are heading) with a Teton 5'er, a small car and a very unusual truck that hauls the car and tows the 5'er. I've posted pictures of it, so be sure to go take a look. I'm surprised that I haven't seen more of these on the road. Seems like a wonderful solution for wanting a car for running around and still having a 5'er instead of a motorhome. The pictures are at: http://picasaweb.google.com/SchultzTravelPhotos


Dean and I have started our rounds with the doctors. We both had our blood work done Thursday and Dean saw his cardiologist. He was satisfied that Dean was doing well, but said he would like to see him before we head out in the spring. Personally, I think it's just to keep the cash flow coming in as he said the same thing last year and we told him that there was no way because we would be in Arizona. Didn't have a good excuse this year.

Next week we both see our Internal Medicine doctor and I'm sure he will give me a royal rear end chewing. I know I've gained weight and my sugar will not be as low as he wants it to be. Oh well, guess I'll just have to listen. Dean's cardiologist had the answer to the weight problem - don't eat anything that tastes good - yeah, right!!! Well, I tried to do that today. We went to David's Catfish House and ate every bite of that HORRIBLE tasting catfish - LOL!!

Seriously, both of us are going to need to lose weight, it's just not a easy task. Any ideas are appreciated.

Guess that's all for now. To all our friends on the road, safe travels. To everyone, see you down the road sometime.

2 Comments:

At 10/11/07 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are both feeling good and your Dad. I can't believe the pictures of the car going into the truck. What a great idea but must have cost a fortune? Gain weight what a problem. Every time we finish our trips, I gain the same 6 pounds. That's right, don't eat anything that tastes good. Still waiting for the birth of my first grandchild.
Happy trails
ava and joel

 
At 20/11/07 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How they get that car in that truck is amazing. I wasn't expecting to see it basically sitting on it's nose. That is just too wild!

See you in a couple of days.

Suze

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home