Friday, January 11, 2008

Another Month Gone By

My primary reason for posting tonight is to let all my blog readers know that Dean and I are alive and well - maybe I should say mostly well. Both of us have been under a ton of stress from family related issues this past month, so we are both really stressed out.

In short - my Dad has kept us on the go with his doctor appointments and various other errands we do for him.

Then there is my sister - she has been diagnosed with small cell parotid cancer - a very, very rare form of cancer for which there is no definitive treatment. The doctor said there are only about 100 cases reported yearly. This is now added to her COPD, Bechet's disease and pulmonary fibrosis. I'm not sure that she will be able to withstand the chemo/radiation treatments!

We have spent all our spare time moving her to her son's house then getting her "stuff" packed, ready for storage. When we left today, maybe one third of her things were actually packed. It's now up to her daughter and son to finish this monumental task. You see, my sister is a shopaholic, literally. She has enough clothes, shoes and purses to dress 100 women with several matching outfits! I packed four large plastic containers with clothes that still have the tags on them. Then there is the jewelry and gemstone collection. I'm not going to go into details, but if anyone out there is looking for some nice jewelry or loose gemstones, contact me!

This has made me so glad that we have chosen the rv'ing lifestyle - no room to collect all this stuff, not that I would anyway. I'm trying to make her understand that she doesn't need this stuff, but that she wants it like a alcholic wants a drink. I pray that we can get through to her.

The good news is that we are on the road - left Summerdale, AL today heading for central Florida for three weeks of rest, relaxation and rv shopping.

We will arrive tomorrow at the 1000 Trails Park just south of Clermont. Will be there four nights then we head over to Tampa to the fairgrounds for the Super RV Show. We are so ready for something "fun" to do and I love looking at new rv's - especially when you don't have a salesman breathing down your neck and at this show there are so many people looking, unless you go looking for a salesman, you are pretty much left alone.

We are also going to Lazy Days RV Center one day. I have contacted a salesman that was recommended by our good friends Henry & Anne so he is lying in wait for us - haha. Seriously, I've talked to him on the phone and laid out my ground rules and he said he was OK with them, so hopefully there will be no high pressure.

Dean and I are looking for a new "used" motorhome, preferably a Tiffin Phaeton or Allegro Bus. Of course, buying will depend on getting a good deal. We went to our credit union and got pre-approved for a loan so now all we need is a good used motorhome at a good deal. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

I hope it isn't another month before I post again. I'm going to try to do a post on the RV show in Tampa and maybe our searches for the "perfect" used motorhome. Please do check back often.

4 Comments:

At 11/1/08 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little comment here to let you know that I'm following along. As you know, I can relate to family needs and commitments. I'll send you email soon. We just returned from our mini trip to Malibu (3 weeks of RVing fix, yeah!)

 
At 12/1/08 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see your post. Sorry about your sad news, but happy to hear you're able to go back out on the road for awhile. Also....good luck on finding that dream RV!

Love to you both.

 
At 12/1/08 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting again. And we will look forward to seeing the photos of your new motorhome. Gets lot of info as that is the direction we will be headed as soon as Wes gets back on his feet - MH, that is :-)

Take care of yourselves in all this turmoil. I know your family is depending on you, but your health is important too.

Love Ya!!
JanC

 
At 14/1/08 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see ya'll are back on the road again and if youget by this way,stop in to say hello to the other part of your family.We miss you and would love to see ya'll before you get out on the road again.Well good luck on the search for your new home..Lov ya'll & miss ya too.Krys & Ed

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home