Sunday, January 13, 2008

We Have Arrived

Good gosh, it's been almost four months since we moved our 5'er and talk about forget the routine! We stopped the first night in Tallahassee, FL. and fortunately got a level pull-through site so we didn't have to unhitch. Yesterday (Saturday) we arrived the the 1000 Trails Park just south of Clermont. We got a nice big back in site on a corner, so we have a big yard beside us (sure does need mowing though). We unhitched and got set up without any problems. Even got the dish up and running. During the evening, I remarked to Dean that the back end of the 5'er sure seemed to be wiggly when walking around. Well, about midnight, I figured out why - I forgot to put the rear jacks down! The old saying "practice makes perfect" is true and I am sure out of practice. We fixed that problem this morning.

Today we decided to just stay in since it has been very rainy. I made a pot of red beans and rice and we had picked up some french bread yesterday. Sure tasted good on a rainy day.

Tomorrow we may be driving over toward Tampa to Lazy Days. I'm waiting for a call back from the salesman. Today is his day off, so guess it will come in the morning.

I know this sounds selfish, but I'm so happy sitting here, knowing that I don't have to make a run anywhere for anything! I feel the stress leaving already. Ahhhhhh ;(

Check back soon for more of our Florida capers......

3 Comments:

At 13/1/08 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Florida.. I'm so glad that you were able to get away..

We will be at the Tampa Show on Friday so let us know where you are... It would be great to see you again.

Hugs,
Helen

 
At 14/1/08 9:54 AM , Blogger Dale said...

Glad to see you got away for a bit. We will be sure to see you while you are here in Florida.

Good luck at the show and finding the "perfect" rig.

Dale

 
At 14/1/08 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't know you were on the road again. It will be good to get away for a while and relax. good luck shopping. We are leaving for Florida in about two weeks weather permitting. i can't wait. need to get away from all our problems here.
ava

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home