Thursday, June 11, 2009

Strasburg Railroad

Yesterday morning was breakfast out at Dienner's Restaurant in Lancaster. We all had the buffet and it was delicious. Scrambled eggs, home fries (real potato's), sausage gravy, bacon, two kinds of sausage, scrapple, pudding meat, oatmeal, grits, pancakes, french toast, biscuits, toast, fresh fruit, eclairs, sticky buns and more... All you could eat for only $5.95. If you get near Dienner's don't miss eating here.

It was also our day to ride the Strasburg Railroad. We arrived early because someone didn't check the schedule (humm, wonder who that could be). Oh well, we walked around the area and found a bench in the shade. We only had to wait about a hour and Morgan made the time go by fast. She kept trying to give me her "attitude" look and every time she would look at me she would break out laughing. I kept taking pictures and she finally managed to hold the "look" for about two seconds, just long enough for me to get the look captured on camera.

I've been on the Strasburg RR many times, having lived in this area in my much younger days. It is only about a 45 min. ride through the Amish countryside. A nice ride, but I doubt that I'll do it again. Morgan said it was OK but enjoyed the Amtrak ride much more.

Next stop was at Kettle Village in Intercourse. This is a nice shopping area with little shops close together along with a lot of shops on the main street. We found Morgan a t-shirt but that was all.

Our last stop was the Bird-In-Hand farmers market. There is a Jake & Amos stall there and I just love their pickled baby beets and have been out of them for a long time. I have some now :-)

I also wanted to get more lebanon bologna for me and some chipped ham for David. Weavers Meats have a stall there as well and really good lebanon bologna.

Finishing up with the shopping and heading back to the campground, I decided to let the GPS lead the way - big mistake!!! She took us about 10 miles and more than 15 minutes longer than the route I had been using. Dumb things anyway!

Back home, Morgan was going to go swimming and we were going to do a couple more loads of laundry. We got the laundry done but Morgan didn't get to swim - there was thunder in the area so the pool was closed. She just isn't having much luck getting in the pool here.

Today (Thursday) has been a rainy, cloudy, dismal day. We finished up the laundry and did a Wal Mart run. Thank goodness for TV and computers and in Morgan's case, cell phones. We definitely had a down day.

I hope tomorrow is better. David is flying into Harrisburg, arriving at 12:55 pm. I just hope all the storms are out of the area by then. Tomorrow night we are going to my cousins house for a cook out. All of us are looking forward to spending time with them. No problem if it rains as he has a huge "man cave" in his basement where I'm sure he'll let us hang out. It is really nice as it opens to the yard and a nice patio. I'll take some pictures while we are there.

OK, guess this about raps our last couple of days so until next time, take care.

Picture are posted at Picasa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home