Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tuesday - Farmer's Market Day In Manheim

We all slept in this morning and it was almost 10:30 am before we departed for Manheim and the Root's (pronounced Rutz) Farmers & Flea Market. We had been hearing about this farmers market for several days and it's supposed to be one of the biggest around. We took the back roads for a change of scenery and it was nice. Rolling hills, curves, lots of farms and woods were some of what we saw and experienced. When we arrived at Root's I noticed the cars were parked at least a quarter mile away from the actual market area. I decided since we were a little late getting there I would take a chance on getting a parking spot closer. Hah! It paid off and we parked across the street from the actual farmers market area.

We walked and walked and walked, up one isle and down another seeing all kinds of goodies, produce of most any kind, lots of baked goods, meat markets where the meat is cut to order, deli's where they were making foot long subs, lots of hand made crafts, Rada cutlery, and just about anything else you can think of. I bought a red velvet cake whoopie pie - yummy! Also got Morgan and me some sticky buns for breakfast tomorrow - is it morning yet?

Because it had warmed up outside we decided not to walk all the outside vendors. We drove to a diner in Manheim and had another really good meal. After lunch we headed back to the motorhome because Morgan decided she wanted to go swimming. I figured I would get a couple of loads of laundry done while she swam. Well, I got the laundry done but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate very long and she only got to swim for about 20 min. Better luck tomorrow Morgan!

Tomorrow we are going back to Lancaster or rather Bird-In-Hand to the farmers market there. Fortunately it's all indoor. There are several items that I want to pick up there like Jake & Amos Pickled Beets. Dean and I love them and haven't had any for a long time. I'm sure I'll find other items as well, like some good Apple Butter.

I've loaded pictures from today so enjoy looking and all the good stuff!

1 Comments:

At 10/6/09 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Morgan she can swim in Montgomery!!! (LOL!)

Suze

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home