Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's been a week already since we arrived here at Wilderness RV Park. My how time does fly!


Last Saturday we rode with Bill & Helen to Floral City, FL for a afternoon at Sleepy Hollow, a biker bar. We met up with a bunch of other Escapee's that are staying in the vicinity. A highlight is that I finally got to meet Marcia & Joe. Marcia and I have chatted on Facebook for almost a year but every time we thought we might get close enough to each other to meet, it just didn't work out!

Sleepy Hollow is out in the boonies on what I would call a bayou/swamp. They were serving $5 steak dinners that included the steak, corn on the cob and a baked potato. Unfortunately, the day we were there it was so busy that they were cooking the steaks one way - what they called medium rare. Raw was more like it! Neither Dean or I ate our steak, just to bloody. Helen's was done more and I had a small piece of hers and it was really good tasting. What a shame that I couldn't get ours cooked more. Oh well.

If there was one, there was one hundred bikers there, coming and going. Dean and I walked the grounds looking at some really nice bikes. Met one biker who goes by Top Hat. Nice person along with his gal. I have pictures but can't post any right now - internet is to slow.

I forgot to mention that they had a live band with very loud music. The music it self was good if they would have just toned it down or maybe we had sat someplace more away from the stage. It made it very hard to communicate with others and I hate that cause I didn't really get a chance to talk to the other Escapees that were there. Maybe we'll meet again someplace.

When we returned home that afternoon, Anne and Henry had arrived. It is good seeing them again. I'm not sure how long they are staying here but I know at least a week. Should have some good times ahead with the six of us.

Dean has come down with a really nasty cold and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. He stayed in Sunday and was feeling better yesterday so went along with Henry & Bill to Lowes and a few other places. Mistake! Today he is worse! We were supposed to go to a state park on the west coast to see the manatee's today but had to stay home. Oh well. I sure hope he gets over it soon!

Sunday Anne and I went grocery shopping - didn't do much else. Monday was laundry day for Anne and I did one load. All of us went out for chinese for dinner. It was good. It was a buffet so we had lots to choose from.

Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Daytona Beach to meet up with Ken and Sandy. I'm going even if Dean isn't up to it. It's been two years since we've seen them.

The weather hasn't been bad but not as warm as I would like. The high today is in the mid-sixties but there is a very cool wind blowing so it just doesn't feel warm. Soon I hope, Florida will begin to warm up.

Till next time - safe travels....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home