Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another No Go On Launch!

This morning we went over to the seaway to watch a missile launch that was scheduled for sometime between 10:26 and 11:26. By 11:35 we all figured it was scrubbed! Will try again tomorrow. I think today it may have been the wind that caused the delay.

We decided to drive along the coast since is was such a pretty day although it was not warm. The temperature finally got to 61 late this afternoon. Our drive took us from Port Canaveral to Melbourne. I found a Smokey Bones, my very favorite BBQ. That's where Dean and I went for lunch and boy was it good, from the BBQ to the homemade dessert donuts. I don't think I'll eat tonight, I'm still full!

We noticed as we drove along A1A something that the Alabama Coast could have or should have done. There are many city or county parks along the drive that included anything from just a parking lot with ramps to the beach to playgrounds and picnic areas. Really nice ones and most had nice restrooms. We stopped at one and I walked to the surf line to look at the shells. Most were broken pieces and nothing really special. The surf sure was pretty though.

On our drive back we stopped at the Ron Jon Surf Shop. What a place! T-shirts and surf boards galore. A fun place to browse through.

Tomorrow morning we are going to go watch the launch, hoping that it goes this time. Then back to Ron Jon's to get my granddaughter something. After that, I'm not sure. I know I want to be back in time to watch the cruise ships leave tomorrow evening.

I have posted pictures from today at Picasa - go take a look. There are some really pretty beach pictures.

Till next time - Safe Travels....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home