Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Soggy, Sick & Snobs

We are still at Wilderness RV Park in Silver Springs. Unfortunately both Dean and I have come down with colds - Dean about a week ahead of me. He's getting better and so am I but I'm still a week behind! The last two days have been rainy ones and that really doesn't help. We need some sunshine, some vitamin C, no more liquid sunshine.

We were supposed to leave today to go to Mims, FL. Because of the rain and our colds we decided to put off leaving today. I figured that us getting soaked from the rain wouldn't do either of us any good. We had no problem extending here and I called the campground in Mims and no problem there either.

We have enjoyed our stay here at Wilderness RV Park. The "Preserve" which is the area we are staying is a motorhome only section. I may have mentioned that before, sorry. The sites are nice and wide with concrete pads. There are many lots for sale. I have heard that they are now selling lots for as low as $42,000. No, we are not buying in case you are wondering. I think there are about 7 or 8 lots that have been sold and a at least three of them are up for sale. From the rumors I've heard, there are one or two owners who are truly "snobs" and are trying to set up rules that in my opinion, are just plain stupid! I probably mentioned that the park is divided into three sections and the entire park is behind a security gate. One thing that I don't understand, keeping that in mind, is why the need for another gate into the Preserve? My thought is that they (the couple of owners) want to keep out the people from the other two sections. Well, up to yesterday, they had openers that would open both the main gate and the one into the Preserve. As of yesterday it doesn't work on the Preserve's. Hmm, wonder why the change. I can tell you this, we own a motorhome and a nice one at that, but I don't think I'm any better than the person in the VW camper, the travel trailer or the fifth wheel. Even if I had considered buying here, my mind would have been changed in a hurry after experiencing this type of attitude. Who needs it. As I said, the Preserve is really a nice place and if someone wanted a permanent site in central Florida, this is where I would have sent them. To bad the owner doesn't get more involved and not let a couple of owners rule! OK, so I've said my piece. If you are traveling in this area, don't miss staying here for a week or so. It's really close to a lot of places to visit along with all the major stores in Ocala. As the saying goes, "nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there".

Because of us both being sick for the past week, we haven't been able to visit with Bill & Helen or Anne & Henry - darn!!! That was our reason for coming! Hopefully we will get to visit with Bill & Helen again for the day at the Villages before we leave Florida. Anne & Henry are heading to Alabama soon to begin their job of inspecting parks for Trailer Life Directory. Maybe we'll be able to catch them there.

We are going out to dinner this evening and I promise not to cough in their direction - haha!

So that's it until we move. The shuttle launch is still on for Sunday morning and we are looking forward to our VIP passes getting us close to the launch! More about that later.....

1 Comments:

At 2/2/10 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy did you hit the nail on the head Janice. Had I known what the holier than thou's in Preserve were really like, I would never have suggested that you stay on that side. To think that they wouldn't even allow someone from the "other side" over to visit or pick up their friends is beyond my wildest imagination. Just goes to show you how low these wanna-be big shots will sink. Sorry you guys were so ill. I hope you feel great for the launch. We will set our alarm and watch it from here with you.... We'll catch up soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home