Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Goodbye PA, Hello New England

We left Carlisle, PA on Monday morning heading for the New England states. Monday night we stopped at Milford, PA which is in the Delaware Water Gap real close to the Pocono's. The campground, River Beach Campground, was OK. There were a lot of permanent setups most of which looked like they were kept up. This campground is geared toward rafting, kyacking or floating the river and a lot of the campers that were there were doing that. We did have a shady site which considering the heat was good. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures. I wasn't feeling well in the afternoon - to much heat I think, so didn't venture outside after we got parked.

Tuesday we had our route all mapped out to head to Brattleboro, VT. Well, you know what they say about plans! We got to the Taconic State Parkway in New York via I-84 just to find out that it is for automobiles only - no trucks, no RV's. What a bummer - wish I had known before planning on going that direction. Needless to say, we had to re-route in a hurry. We decided to just stay on the interstate all the way to Brattleboro which really worked out since it was quicker and we had more time yesterday afternoon to drive through Brattleboro and the surrounding area. I'm hoping to get back into Brattleboro, as it is a old town, but we have several things that we want to do today, so I'm not sure I'll make it.

Here are a couple of the views from our drive around Brattleboro yesterday.



Today our travels will involve a train, baskets and a old time General Store. Check back.......

4 Comments:

At 19/7/06 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That didn't take you long to get from PA to VT. I'm impressed! Is it cooler there? Can't wait to see more pictures of the area. I bet it is BEAUTIFUL and REFRESHING!

Have fun today at the old general store.

Love ya,

Suze

 
At 19/7/06 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - You did make great time. I hear highs in Maine are in the low 80's with low 50's at night - that will be great!! Let me know the details on the baskets you find.

Have a great day!

Denise

 
At 19/7/06 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow,looks like ya'll are having a great time.love seeing the pics.watch that heat though.have fun and we'll keep watching your trip. love ya'll,krystal

 
At 20/7/06 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!

I finally checked out ya'll's spot!!! Pretty nifty!!! I hope ya'll are doing great and having a blast!!! I am at work so this will be quick!!! Love ya'll bunches and I will talk to ya later!!!!

Love ya'll,
Shannon & Brad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home