Friday, April 04, 2008

April Showers Bring .......

Well, if the April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, the flowers didn't know it, that is the Azalea's anyway. They are so beautiful this year and the bushes are so full of blooms. I haven't had my camera with me to take any pictures but will try today or tomorrow to get some. We are supposed to have some bad weather this weekend and if we do that will be the end of the azalea's - they don't do well in rain and wind. The dogwoods, apple trees and pecans are also starting to bloom/bud. Spring really is here - yea!

For my loyal readers, please bare with me right now. I'm posting a lot here about my Dad because I want to have a journal of his events to refer back to. I know it isn't as exciting as a true travel journal is. Our dream (again) is to be able to get back on the road to see all the neat places we haven't seen. I am so happy for everyone that is out there on the road, but right now I'm not able to even read about it as I get to depressed doing so. I do peak every now and then just to see where everyone is at. I will catch up with your blogs one day, after we are back on the road.

We took my Dad out for a haircut yesterday but he didn't seem to be in a very good mood. He complained that his mouth (jaw) was stiff. Thankfully, the hospice nurse came yesterday afternoon and checked him out. She wasn't to concerned as he was able to move his jaw and said that it wasn't as bad as it had been earlier. She ordered some morphine for him for the pain. You have to understand my Dad, he won't complain of pain or hurt. If you as him if he has any pain anywhere he says NO! So, for him to complain of this it must have really been hurting.

He does have some good days but also has the bad ones and yesterday was one of the bad ones. Just wanted to sit on the side of the bed or lay down, didn't want to talk. He seemed very irritable - probably the jaw had a lot to do with it. As usual he wouldn't eat anything, but did have a Glucerna. Thanks goodness for those as they are his only source of nutrition now. The facility had their monthly "weigh-in" yesterday and he came in at 141 lbs. That was good as last month he was at 142 so he's only lost one pound. This past Sunday was one of his good days. We got him to get on his electric scooter and go outside. He stayed out, riding his scooter around the loop, down by the pond to see the ducks, and through the wooded area (there is a sidewalk). I guess he was outside for about 2 hours. Later that afternoon, after we had left, my sister came to visit and then my niece and her husband showed up also. He related to me on Monday that he really had a busy Sunday with all the company he had. He also said he slept good Sunday night. I guess we wore him out!

Tomorrow Dean and I are getting away for the day. We are going to Carpenters Campers in Pensacola for their "show". They have seminars scheduled from 10am to 3 pm dealing with a lot of do-it-yourself maintenance. They are not doing brand specific things, but general items like a/c, water heaters etc. along with some minor engine maintenance. I hope we can pick up some good tips. This weekend is also the Pensacola RV Show but I don't think we are going. I looked on-line at the supplier/vendor list and didn't see anything that we are interested in. This is a very small show so I'm not surprised. We have been looking for someone who makes the windshield sunscreen covers but haven't had any luck in the local area. I've seen several advertised in the FMCA magazine, but really hate to order long distance. To much chance it won't fit right.

Have fun wherever you are. See ya!

3 Comments:

At 4/4/08 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see your post. Our prayers are with you and your family in these days of family need.

We had a company named RV Sunshade do our front and side window covers. They were a fabulously able couple who had them made with quality and up and gave us a lesson on cleaning them. We have had these for three years this summer and never had a moment of problem. If you are interested I have the 800# so email me if you would like it. BTW, they come to you.
Susan

 
At 4/4/08 6:38 PM , Blogger Dale said...

Janice,
We enjoy your posts even if they aren't about travel. They are still about LIFE and we all have family obligations at some point. It is great that you can be close to your Dad at this point in his life. You will never regret giving of yourselves.

You might look at the Prompt Sun Shades. They don't require any drilling. Just depends on what you want.

Take care and we continue to pray for your Dad for his pain to ease and for you and your family.

Dale

 
At 4/4/08 8:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Our prays are with you. It's so good that you can be with your Dad. Try to do little things during the day that make you smile. Keep blogging just to talk.
I have seen RV shades that suction on and in the wind they fall off. At the last place we stayed they wanted $200 for the front windshield and $100 for each side window for the ones that need to be drilled on.
Thinking of you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home